cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No EWA generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Since 3 weeks I see no EWA reports generated.

If I click on any of the servers, I get the following;

" The service is ready to process session data.

The data will be processed automatically by the background job "SM:EXEC SERVICES".

If you do not want to wait for the background job, you can start the job manually:

Choose Start Service Processing.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

Back Start service processing "

What has happened ? Can I check why it is not created automatically ?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by: Daniel_Bul on Dec 12, 2011 1:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The data will be processed automatically by the background job "SM:EXEC SERVICES".

>

Could you please check if this job is running in SM37 or Refresh Session job is scheduled in SDCCN of your solution manager system ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

How can I check if Refresh Session job is scheduled in SDCCN of solution manager system ?

No idea yet Sorry

Also in reply to Daniel, I see that job SM:EXEC SERVICES was ran just few times, in the last days, but before when I could check the EWA, no run of this job.

So I am not sure if it is realted to this job

Thanls

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will go to SDCCN transaction, there check if Refresh Service Definition job is scheduled periodically. If not, please schedule this job periodically.

Thanks

Sunny

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once the EWA is scheduled in DSWP ( or Workcenters)

You will see the icon of the EWA change to a flask or (hour glass), which means its waiting for the data to come from the managed system.

If the EWA icon changes to a red flag, this means the data was no sent to Solution Manager.

You can review the Wiki page of Red Flag EWAs - http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/SAObDQ

If the EWA icon is two flasks , it means the Data was sent to Solution Manager, but SM:EXEC SERVICES has not yet run.

SM:EXEC SERVICES should be scheduled as a periodic job to run 1 time per day, so you should see it run, (finsihed, canceled) every day.

Is it not scheduled, or is it cancelling?

If it is cancelling, check ST22 for a dump at the time it tran.

If it is not scheduled each day, please do so.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul, Sunny,

So, the job SM:EXEC SERVICES is scheduled to run each 3 days,

Lat run is:

SM:EXEC SERVICES USER Finished 13.12.2011 00:55:21 1,745 28

Last lines of the log:

"Start Periodic Services" uses = 111403619 us tim e

Solution <000000302300100> SAP ENV"..." is being edited (Setup)

<000000302300100> "SAP ENV..."(Setup)

"Create_Periodic_Services" uses = 0 bytes

"Create_Periodic_Services" uses = 48 us time

"Start Periodic Services" uses = 280 bytes

"Start Periodic Services" uses = 496 us time

000000302100100 : before Free = 28910704

000000302100100 : after Free = 28829264

MemSize End = 28829440 Bytes

Total number of EWA Alerts sent : 0

"Send EWA Alerts" uses = 13331864 bytes

"Send EWA Alerts" uses = 3999478 us time

MemSize End = 15452304 Bytes

Job finished

As 2nd point in reply to Paul, I see 2 flasks, one blue and one grey.

In sdccn it is present also:

0000001749 Refresh service definitions 13.12.2011 17:30:38 O02

What else can be ?

Thank you

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

From your update the SDCCN task on the managed system finsished an the data has been sent to Solution Manager. The two flasks says "SM:EXEC SERVICES" can process me now. So once it runs, the session should attempted to be processed by SM:EXEC SERVICES. So this should be logged, and we should be able to see what is going on when the sessions are processed

You show the last lines of the log for SM:EXEC SERVICES, but nothing is there, so I am sure what we need to see is higher up in the log, in the part you have not shown. Please post the log in its entirety, so it can be reviewed. Not all problems encountered in SM:EXEC SERVICES will cancel the job, but there is likely a messsage with more information when the sessions are trying to be processed. Perhaps a reference to ST22....(meaning look for a dump in ST22 at that time stamp), etc.

Aside, SM:EXEC SERVICES must be scheduled to run daily. Do not schedule it to run every 3 days. Please set the frequency properly. This woulkd not cause the problem processing, but it wil cause service processing delays as there are many other Service Session types besides EA ( EWA) that SM:EXE SERVICES processes.

I think you need to post the entire SM:EXE SERVICES log, as this will offer additional information to determine the problem, or what further information is needed.

Regards,

Paul

SreeniC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Could you try with this option..

go to transaction code "DSA"

choose -> all open session, between a period eg. 18th onwards and click on display

it will show a list of sessions

out of which you have select sessions for your PRD solution

select one session and you will see its information on the right hand side

in the information you will see EWA

just double click on it and it will ask for language choose EN and it process the complete session in dialog mode

once you double click on that upper Early Watch Alert .. it will process the session

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Could you please confirm that the job SM:EXEC SERVICES is configured to run once a day?

This job would be scheduled once step #7 of the basic configuration of the solution manager is done is transaction SOLMAN_SETUP.

If it is configured, then check in transaction SM37 the job log for any errors. It should give a clue on what is happening.

Best regards,

Daniel.