Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution rule with Initial value

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

Is it possible to match an initial value to a field (in constant values with operator 'EQ') in a distribution rule? The field is mandatory and I try with space, ' ', INITIAL, IS INITIAL,...

I'm in version 7.10 SP11.

Thanks in advance. Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible with Initial value rules. Please go through the following link [Initial Value Rules|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17132] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Siva.

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva:

I think that my problem is other. I need when for example the Departament is initial data will be distributed to device.

My sceneario is: I have a device attribute GRUPO in custom group.

I create a distribution rule:

In "rule fields" I select a node attribute "STORT" from node of the data object. The operator I select is EQ.

In "logic selection" I select NONE.

In "logic details" I want that the Value-Low is INITIAL for STORT field but I can't..

In "device binding" I choose Device Binding option and in search criteria I fetch attibute for GRUPO attribute and operator is EQ and Value Low for example "D2".

Thanks in advance again. Regards.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this field: STORT numeric? If yes, you can't provide the value as INITIAL.

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Siva:

The field is char(3). And I can't provide INITIAL,... ¿any solution?

Thanks again. Regards.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had re-look at your requirement.

I think you can do following.

1. Create a device attribute. Don't fill this at any point of time

2. Map this device attribute to STORT field using Device attribute mapping in Logic selection.

Complete the rule with these steps. Now your subscription is always initial for STORT field and you'll get the data. If you want data based on some value then you need to provide the value in device attribute.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (0)