cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* Value in GRC Ruleset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some clarification on maintaining * Value in the GRC RAR Ruleset.

1. Is * (Asterik) Field Value in GRC RAR Ruleset is considered as * (Asterik = All Values) OR only as * Value during Risk Analysis?

2. I read in a forum that * value to be replaced by $ value to include all values for risk analysis - Any thoughts?

3. How abt field values with From & To Value ?? should we maintain as A* to Z* OR A$ to Z$ ?

Thanks,

Sudhakar S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hello Sudhakar,

Have you seen SAP note 1133589 on How to build rules for all or any values?

Regards,

Vaner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

I just realize the Note do not answer completely your questions. Sorry.

I use * as suffix like Z* in From/To Fields and it works fine. There are some cases like that also in SAP Best Practices ruleset (object S_DEVELOP||DEVCLASS T* T*....). I really don't know if $ will do the same (I guess not)

Use $ instead of *, but only when alone, not as suffix.

As explained in the note, you should use * (alone) only if you want to get the roles where object field is actually set to . And take care to use '' if you want to get both * and ' ' (quote-space-quote) values.

Best Regards,

Vaner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need to configure a ruleset in which the possible value in the system is *. I try to configure the function permission tab of the rule set with *, but the symbol * is not recognized as a value. Can you tell me how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,