Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help - CHARM- Do i need to change transport route

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam planning to configure CHARM in solution manager. Just i would like to know do i need to change transport route in DEV, QAS and PRD in my existing ECC6 landscape.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciable

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the ChaRM Wiki page as this provides a good definition of setting up the transport route when activating ChaRM. http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement.

This link, especially step 2, gives good advice.

Regards,

Rich Labib

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

The scenario is I have dev,qas and prd. Transports move automatically frm dev to qas, and qas to prd have to move using stms.

In this case what are the changes I have to do to transport route in my ECC environment?

Kindly suggest me do what are configs do I need to maintain in satellite systems and in Solman systems. I have gone through docs. It seems I need to add logical system names of dev, prd and qas in Solman (if I'm not wrong).

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Im bit confused about step2. in which system do we need to configure in satelite systems or in solman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Typically you would have the transport routes defined in the satellite system and therefore the activities are performed in the satellite systems. If your TMS is defined in the satellite system you need to create a domain link between your ChaRM system and the satellite system.

A common step that is also missed is the generation of RFC destinations between the ChaRM system and the transport domain system.

For example if you define the TMS in your ERP DEV system, and you want your SolMan system to control the transport process with ChaRM then you need to create a domain link between SolMan and the ERP DEV system, and you need to ensure that there are RFC's between client 000 of your SolMan system and client 000 of your ERP DEV system.

Regards,

Rich Labib

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Once your STMS is setup for ECC or any satellite system

just logon to solman and goto

SPRO ->change management ->basic settings

General Information About TMS Activities

Harmonization of RFC Infrastructure

Define Transport Routes for System Landscape

Activate Extended Transport Control

Configure Transport Strategy

Activate TMS Trusted Services

Activate Domain Links

Check Configuration of Transport Domain

Add Import Authorization to Operator/Administrator

Above is the list of all basic settings required for the same.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Happy to see u again. I will configure as u said. i have a small query, is it mandatory to create project?

Thanks lot

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Thanks..yeah got fever so couldn't contribute for few days.

A Project is necessary with respect to CHARMS whatever be the version of solman

because you schedule the project and all the changes move from satellite dev to satellite qa attached to this project in solman

more you can check here

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement

regards

prakhar

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

i have followed above links only. but stuck at transport route configuration. I have a query in which system do i need to configure transport route in solman or in dev,qas and prd. Because changing tranport routes will be some risky. thats why im stopped and making R&D.

Thank you..

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi mahesh,

you dont' do any config with tms in solman other than domain link config

rest stms with satellites dev qa and prd remain intact only difference is

when you create domain link in solman stms the normal stms of satellite system becomes slave and solman becomes master so when a changes needs to be moved from dev to quality in satellite it ask solman permission and that happens via charm flow.

the spro path i gav u has these things documents read and u get more confidence.

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey prakhar,

i did all configs but getting following errors

1 Client-specific transport control (CTC=1): No Import single method: No

2.No RFC connection for system SSD client '000' ( i have created rfc from my working solman client 150 to solman 000)

3. Project ZCHARM_GIL not found in the project administration table 1

4. No track for project ZCHARM_GIL with log. system SSD/150

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

CTC =1 is the mandatory condition for charms do this

1. Call transaction STMS.

2. Choose Overview -> Systems.

3. Double-click each system.

4. The Display TMS Configuration: System <system ID> screen appears.

5. Select the Transport Tool tab page.

6. If the entry CTC does not appear in the Parameters column, enter it there, and then in the Value column, enter 1.

7. Save your entries.

similarly resolve other errors to get it activated.

Hope it helps

regards

prakhar

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

i have already added this entry, still im getting errors

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

without logon to ur system its difficult to guess

but you can press the refresh button in project administration and try to resolved error as per log

try the log help

if above doesnt help and you have done all the config raise OSS so SAP can logon and check ur problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar, your confirguration steps were very useful. We have setup the CHARM with Dev - QA - Production ( three system in the landscape). Recently we have changed the client number for the QA.

Can u tell me what changes I need to do in CHARM configuration to make it work. Presently it is not allowing to move the transport form dev to QA .

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

John