Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pagination problem: Keep With Previous does not work when I include an Over

former_member614096
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create a table with a Header, repeating Transactions and a Footer. These components will be quite complex in the final form so I am using subforms rather than an actual table object.

I don't want the Footer subform to be left on a new page by itself, i.e. it should always be accompanied by at least one transaction. To make this happen I have ticked the "Keep With Previous" checkbox in the Pagination tab for the Footer subform. This works fine. I also want a trailer at the bottom of the page to say "Continued over page" when the form goes to a new page. I accomplish this by using the "Overflow Trailer" option in the subform that wraps the entire table. This works fine too.

However my problem is that I can't get both to work at the same time. When I use the "Overflow Trailer" it causes the "Keep With Previous" function to fail, i.e. the Footer is left on the new page by itself. I would appreciate any advice on how to get both of these functions working at the same time.

-

With footer set as "Keep with previous" and no "Overflow Trailer":

Page 1

Header

Transaction

Transaction

Page 2

Transaction (pulled across from previous page so footer is not on page alone)

Footer

-

With footer set as "Keep with previous" and "Overflow Trailer" on:

Page 1

Header

Transaction

Transaction

Continued next Page

Page 2

Footer (footer left on new page alone)

-

Thanks,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you could solve your problem by using scripting instead of using overflow trailer.

Rakesh

former_member614096
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh, I appreciate the response, but that is a very broad statement. I know I can work around this with scripting, but would like to know whether the behaviour of "Keep with Previous" and "Overflow Trailer" is a LiveCycle bug or whether I have done something wrong.

For the record the workaround I have implemented is to put the "Continued over page" text permanently on the form and just hide or show it depending on whether we are on the last page or not (use the ready:layout event to trigger the script because page numbers are not sorted out until then):

// show the "continued over page" text only if there are pages after this one
if (xfa.layout.page(this) < xfa.layout.pageCount()) {
	this.ContinuedText.presence = "visible";
}
else {
	this.ContinuedText.presence = "invisible";
}