cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to upgrade GRC 5.3 to SP 15, When i refer to SAP Upgrade Guide its dealing about 5.2 to 5.3 but not within 5.3

Could any one please let me know that do we need to uninstall the files that are mentioned for each component and install the new files as mentioned in upgrade guide for GRC 5.2 to 5.3. is this will be the same process for SP Upgrade with in GRC 5.3?

Thanks,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

What you mean is called "applying support packages"

You'll be able to find a nice video explanation here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/604a2694-af5b-2b10-d1bd-ece46a4d36f9

The basic is:

1) Install newest java SPs (remember to download the latest patch for the SP)

2) install the corresponding VIRSA/VIRSANH SP on back-end systems

There are some post-activities you have to take into account. for example upload txt files. please don't forget to do it (check for example SAP Note 1308056, but this also applies for other files).

Anyway you'll find what you need in the demo. Remember that a system bkp it's always advisable

Cheers,

Diego.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, In order to apply SP's of GRC 5.3, you need not to uninstall any component. You can apply GRC packages from JSPM.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Regarding uninstall (I mean undeploy) it's unclear to me why SAP states the following instead use the JSPM:

Note 1174625 - Access Control 5.3 Java Support Pack Installation:

3. All of the sap.com/grc files have to be undeployed except the db and dictionary files for each component. The files that are NOT to be undeployed are:

- sap.com/grc/ccxsysdb

- sap.com/grc/aedict

- sap.com/grc/redictionary

- sap.com/grc/ffdb

The point is, last time I Installed SPs I decided to follow the procedure described in the above note, undeploying using SDM and deploying latest SPs using JSPM.... but I still don't understand why not just use JSPM....

Cheers!

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always upgraded GRC packages without un-deploying them until and unless it is not release upgrade. This note talks about installing packages of GRC 5.3 but don't think this note is applicable if you are upgrading SP's of GRC 5.3 only.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

I understand that this is really weird. But read the reason and pre-requisites of the note:

"Components VIRCC 530_700, VIRAE 530_700, VIRFF 530_700 and VIRRE 530_700 should already be installed."

As per my knowledge this is the procedure for installing SPs for 5.3. If you have a look at the demo I've already posted you'll see that they also perform undeployment first.

Cheers,

Diego.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never did this. But Its look very strange to do the SP upgrade of same release, you need to undeploy component first.

Thanks

Sunny

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

I Agree with Sunny on this one as I would not un-deploy either.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon, Sunny,

I do agree with you, this is very strange; but I'm just following SAP documentation. This note also gives a hint in this direction:

Note 1088378 - RAR- Undeployment of ccappcomp from SDM fails:

While upgrading from previous Compliance Calibrator/Risk Analysis and Remediation versions ****** or applying a new service pack ***********, undeployment of ccappcomp from the Software Deployment Manager (SDM) fails.

So, believe me that I do understand that this is strange but is just the SAP documentation. There might be something over there that needs to be undeployed, or SAP documentation is wrong.

Cheers,

Diego.