cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination of billing type in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have newly created a sales order document type and a new billing type (copied from existing doc types) and i have done all copy controls too.

When I create a new sales order contract in Tcode; VA41, enter all details, in the item- billing plan- billing type has to pick up the new billing type i created. But, it is still picking the other billing type. It is a modifiable field and allows user to change the billing type, though!

What checks should I make here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184701
Active Contributor

dear friend,

first, run VOV8 for your sales order type

go to Details and look at Billing section - the Dlv or Order-rel bill type : your billing type must be there

second,

run VTFA and check out the copy control for your order type and billing type

third,

if you create bill from delivery please run VTFL and check out the copy control for your deliv.type and billing type

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, friend...

But, I had initially maintained all these configurations in system. It still picks the old billing type by default when i create a sales order contract with new sales doc type i just created.

Am I missing something else?

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

do you invoice contract or order (under contract) ??

the thing is:

if you set correct billing type in VOV8 for your sales doc. type it must work!

if you still get the old billing type that means your settings are not correct. check them out again properly

if you bill your contract check out the VOV8 for your contract,

if you bill an order under your contract - chek out the order type in VOV8

just check out the copy control for sales documnets (if you bill the order) - VTAA (see which order type goes from your contract), then check out settings for that sales order type.

same for copy control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made all settings as mentioned above. Checked thrice atleast. But, it still picks up the old billing type in my new sales order type. I am clueless why this is so!

Its an order related billing, hence mentioned the new billing type in sales order document type and have maintained all copy controls required.

Edited by: SAP_USER01 on Dec 12, 2011 12:38 AM

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure you have not any user exit or custom code which replace the billing type

request abaper to check that out

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,

The field- customer material VBAP-KDMAT is now mandatory to be filled in while creating sales order contract in VA41, it does not allow to save the sales order without entering this field. Else, it shows up in Incomplete log.

Request from user-

1. While using ZSRF- ZSDF (SALES DOC-BILLING TYPE combo) which is in use at the moment, this field has to be entered. This is the process now!!

2. While using new sales doc type- new billing doc type combo, this field needs no entry and should not come in Incomplete log.

How do i make these settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any other inputs on this, please?

I dont see any user exits been used for this purpose. Also, I can manually change the billing type to the new billing type, however its error prone and not recommended in the live environment.

Can someone pl throw some light into this issue? Has anybody been held up by this likely issue?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since this is Z order type, to fufil your request, do your checks in user exit MV45AFzz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP_USER01,

Check whether you have assigned your billing Plan type to Sales Document type in T.Code - OVBP & also in Item Categories in T.Code - OVBR

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alan,

What checks should I do in this user exit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have many questions....

Q1: When I create a new sales order contract in Tcode; VA41, enter all details, in the item- billing plan- billing type has to pick up the new billing type i created. But, it is still picking the other billing type. It is a modifiable field and allows user to change the billing type, though!

Answer: Check OBVJ, if you have defined a billing type for the repective BillingPlan Type and Date Category Combination. Date Category is found in OBVI.

Q2: Request from user-

1. While using ZSRF- ZSDF (SALES DOC-BILLING TYPE combo) which is in use at the moment, this field has to be entered. This is the process now!!

2. While using new sales doc type- new billing doc type combo, this field needs no entry and should not come in Incomplete log.

Answer: Yes, you assign different incompletion procedure for 2 different order types.

Q3: These same item categories will be used in new order type ZSSL and billing type ZSWF. Hence,

I cant change the billing type in item categories from ZSRT to ZSWF.

Answer: When you use Billing Plan, because Billing plans are controlled by item category. Yes, you have to create different item categories.

To make things easier, make your requirements in user exit.

Refer link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/22/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

With the same item categories, you can force and check billing plan type at header level by changing TVAP-FPART.

Check TVAK for repective order type.

Hope above information is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

User exit I am referring to is SDVAX001 as referred to by the link. Discuss with your ABAPer how to code it there.

Please revert answered if information is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Maintain Billing type in configuration of Billing plan than system propose the new billing type.For this go to

spro>SD>billing>billing plan>define and assign date categories>Maintain Date Category for Billing Plan Type.

Here Double click on your billing plan type and specify the billing type for the field billing type.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ravi

What you suggested works, offcourse...But,

For service contracts, in system we have just one specific sales order type and billing type. But, there are around 8 item categories defined. based on item categories, the billing plan gets determined.

When we use, old sales order type ZSFC, the billing type ZSRT gets automatically determined because the item categories has refernce to the billing tupe ZSRT.

These same item categories will be used in new order type ZSSL and billing type ZSWF. Hence,

I cant change the billing type in item categories from ZSRT to ZSWF.

Do you suggest copy and create new item categories so the existing item categories will be called when ZSFC-ZSRT is to be used and when new order type-billing type combo is to be used, use the copied new item catgories.

Does this make sense? what are the implications of doing this?

I'm not sure

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also make sure your sales item category (in both contract and order!) has correct Billing Plan Type (and Billing relevance)

regards,