Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating product allocations

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Product allocation is maintained at component. When I create sales order at parent material, allocation check takes place at component level (MATP is used). e,g ,incoming quantity (allocation) is 20 units.

When I delete the corresponding ATP tree, the allocation quantities from the DP planning book in which allocations of the component are maintained is not getting updated.

But when I delete sales order, the allocation situation in DP planning book is getting updated i.e. incoming order quantity (which was 20 units earlier) becomes 0.

Query - so what is the element based on which the allocation quantity in DP planning book is getting updated when sales order is created ?

Is it not based on ATP tree structure?

thanks in advance..

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RS,

I seriously doubt this scenario can be achieved without enhancement.

You would have to perform the MATP first before production allocation (IMG > APO > GATP > General Settings > Maintain Check instruction). Then, once this check check was successful, and you had your tree, you would have to present all of the components and all of the ATP quantities to the Allocation check.

I don't believe that these MATP component characteristics exist natively in the Allocation field catalog, (I will admit that I have never researched this myself). I don't believe that the MATP exploded component quantity exists natively in the Sales order field structure (the KF quantities that are presented to APO during the Allocation check). I believe these would both have to be created with enhancements.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response,

So sales order is the element which controls the updation of the allocation table.

If ECC is already working and allocation functionality is to be started using APO. Are the following steps correct ?

1. Maintain allocations in APO

2. Transfer only sales orders (existing) from ECC to APO

3. Carry out availability check based on sales order priorities, in order to consume allocations. This is for initial consumption of allocations.

4. Tranfer receipt elements data (e.g. stock, SNP planned orders)

5. Re-ATP check for the sales orders in order to give the cofirmation dates based on receipt elements.

The scenario is MTS....

Insights in this area will be appreciated.

Regards,

RS

Edited by: sap_apo31 on Dec 13, 2011 9:41 AM

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

I assume that you activate product allocation for already existing sales orders.

First you should setup the allocation customizing and test that the allocation consumption is working for one sales order. Then you can transfer all the required data ...sales orders, master data, stock , etc... to APO. Execute an ATP check for the orders to check and to consume/update the allocation qty (e.g. runnning a /SAPAPO/BOP, use flag "read procedure" !). Run a consistency check after BOP update has been finished: report /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21 with check product allocation flag for sales orders.

best regards,

Michael

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.....

with reference to your reply, would like to have your insights on the following scenario..

Stock and Sales Orders are transferred for finished goods to APO.

Sales order quantity = 100 kg and stock = 150 kg.

Allocation check is at component level (MATP is used). In the above case if GATP check is carried out for this order it will give confirmations for 100 kg based on stock availability. It will not consume allocations at component level. So how it is to be ensured that allocations are getting consumed at the component level during initial transition to APO.

Let me know if you like me to further elaborate the scenario...

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

As per your example, do you want to trigger production without checking ATP for header product? If header product is available, please let me know the business case, where you want to consume the component. The component will ultimately me consumed when you produce the header product.

Please let me know more details.

Regards

Rinju

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically the allocations need to be consumed at component level and header material confirmations should be restrcited to the allocation quantity of the component (of course in the ratio of BOM). ATP based on receipt elements is required at header level.

Regards,

RS

Edited by: sap_apo31 on Dec 15, 2011 9:30 PM

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

There is no update of the product allocation if you delete the tree manually in the APO system. The allocation consumptions are

updated only when a new ATP check happens or with correction report /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21.

Deleting the ATP tree does not delete the allocation consumption! You have to enter the sales order and execute a new ATP check (and save without confirmation) or delete the sales order to get an proper update of the allocation consumption.

best regards,

Michael