cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing RF menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I wonder whether you have any good advance on design a RF menu on your experience.

We need to us RF device for one of our warehouse, and we need to map the process to the SAP WM-RF.

May I know how do you design the screen and how to start?

I knw there is a Menu management in SPRO, is there a standard SAP which we can copy..as first?

Does ABAP coding require, and why?

We are blank.

please advise if you done an implementation in this area before.

thanks

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Unfortunately I have not come across anything called LF. Inorder to configure the RF we have 3 options, SAP Console, Mobile web dynpro and ITS Mobile. SAP recommends ITS Mobile for RF due to the advantages it has over the others. You can find the related documentation on market place or SAP help documentation.

We need to create the ITS service in SICF and the generate the templates in SE80 for the required screens/transactions. If you go the transaction LM05 (RF transaction) and go to 'system' and select 'status' you will be able to see the screen number(2100 and 2102) and program SAPLLMOB. The templates should be generated to make this transaction work on the RF. You should use SE80, enter the service that you created with the screen number and program. Once you enter the paramaters the system will generate the ABAP code required for this program and screen number to work on RF. If you search on SDN you can find a PDF document that shows how to create the ITS service and add the screens. That document is incomplete and does not fully show how to add the screens. I am documenting the process and publish on Wiki which might take few days. It is simple to follow that we do not need ABAP help if we are using only standard transactions. If the business requires you to create custom transaction for RF then you will need an ABAP consultant to help add the screens and generate the templates.

Thanks

Anandha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you going with SAP standard transactions? If yes, then your project has to decide if you are going to use Telnet or Mobile ITS server. If its ITS mobile the ITS service has to be configured in SICF and the screens/program (SAPLLMOB) required to perform the RF transactions has to be added to the service in SE80. Once you complete this process get the path name and enter it in the RF gun and you are good to test the standard transactions.

On the ECC side you need the following:

1. RF u2013 Verification control u2013 define profiles

IMG - Logistics Execution - Mobile Data Entry - Verification control- Define Profiles

In this workstep you can configure the settings for the verification profiles. This means that you choose fields that are to be verified by the user.

The following fields are available within the warehouse number for verification:

u2022 Source storage bin / Destination storage bin / Storage unit identification at the source storage bin / Storage unit identification at the destination storage bin / Quantity of the material to be picked at the source storage bin / Quantity of the material to be put away at the destination storage bin / Material identification at the source storage bin / Material identification at the destination storage bin

2. RF u2013 Verification control u2013 Assign verification profile to Goods Movement

IMG - Logistics Execution - Mobile Data Entry - Verification control - Assign Verification Profile to Goods Movement

In this workstep you configure the settings for assigning verification profiles to warehouse movements. This means that you define in a warehouse number in which source and destination storage types and with which movement type the respective profile is to be used.

3. RF u2013 Define Queues

IMG - Logistics Execution - Mobile Data Entry - RF Queue management - Define Queues

4. RF u2013 Assign Areas and Activities to Queue

IMG- Logistics Execution- Mobile Data Entry - RF Queue management - Assign Areas and Activities to Queue

5. RF u2013 Assign Processor to Queue

IMG - Logistics Execution - Mobile Data Entry - RF Queue management - Assign Processor to Queue

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anandha,

I was told that some LF mobile can be customized with ABAP, what does it means?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Appreciate some of your valuable feedback if you have.

thanks,

tuff