cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Sales Area data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We require to provide access to "make changes" in the sales area fields only, of a customer master record. The t code VD02 was looked upon, but strangely when VD02 was accessed, even the general data too comes up for editiing which is strictly not required.

XD02 is not provided to the said user, only the account group, activity 02, and VD02 was provided for the specific sales area.

Request you all to enlighten me as to where am I going wrong, in the understanding of VD02, authorisation or the execution of it.

Further to the same, if tab wise authorisation is possible within the sales area data, would be even more obliged.

Thanks and regards,

Tariq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aziz,

Try with SHD0-(Transaction and Screen Variants)

Thank you,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try tx. OB20 (Define Transaction-Dependent Screen Layout).

Choose Change Customer (Sales).

Choose General Data.

Go through all Groups and mark each field either "Suppress" or "Display" only this will prevent user to modify it in tx. VD02.

Regards,

MCA

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

did you try t-code VD04 ?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

VD04 shows the "changes done" for the customer record per sales area, that isn't my requirement.

I need to confine the access of "change" to the sales area specific to his authorised one.

Regards,

Tariq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aziz

There are 3 tables where customer master data stores

KNA1 - General data

KNB1 - Company code data

KNVV - Sales area data

You can restrict particular user by blocking kna1 table access for tcode - va02.

--

Regards

Pavan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that sounds great, but any tips ont he authorisable object on the tables would have made the task faster for my basis guy.

Possible to give?

Regards,

Tariq