cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initial Installation of NetWeaver 7.0 EhP 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am about to intially install NetWeaver 7.0 EhP 2. Initially means, that i do not want to install EhP 2 to an existing installation. I want to install a new system with NW 7.0 and EhP 2.

Therefore i downloaded the following media:

51041254 master

51038550 maxdb

51037288 inst export

51039103 kernel

Unfortunately, sapinst as provided on media 51041254, which is the installation master, only allows to install a new instance to an existing system, i cannot find any path in sapinst that allows an initial installation.

Where´s my mistake?

I suppose media 51041254 is wrong, but exactly this is mentioned in master guide.

Thanks for your hints... I am about to go mad

--MIKE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mike,

Once you start sapinst, you should get option to choose SAP Application server ABAP, there you will choose central service instance, later you will proceed accordingly..

I am not getting why r u getting such error.

Can you write the steps you followed from start.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

I think you need one more media for installation ie Java component.

Proceed with the installations and use proper SID and instance number will be suggested by SAP installer only, whicever will be free, If you want to change it,its okay or go with default.

Proceed with the installations, All the best.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

i do not even get so far to enter a SID! There is no other SAP system installed on this machine. It is an initial SLES 10. Nothing installed on it.

SAPINST does not allow to install a central ABAP instance, it only allows to install a new instance to an existing system. I tried this was, but SAPINST asks for the path to the system profile. As there is no SAP default system profile (as there is no SAP system installed..), SAPINST aborts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

I think you have chosen option to install instance using "System Copy". You should choose the following option to install new instance of NW7.0 EhP2.

SAPINST GUI > SAP NW7.0 EhP2> SAP Systems > Database Option> Central System--> Based on ABAP or JAVA --> Central Instance and then Database instance.

If you want to install SAP HA instance, you have to choose the option accordingly in SAPINST GUI.

Hope your query is answered.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Kindly check once this link..........

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50c85107-049c-2a10-1e82-d45256f83602&override...

And just let me know if it is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

You mean first you want to install new NW7.0 system and then upgrade to NW7.0 EHP2? Please clarify.

"only allows to install a new instance to an existing system, i cannot find any path in sapinst that allows an initial installation"

- Could you please clarify this as well?

If you want to install new NW7.0 system and then upgrade to EHP2, you have follow the below steps.

1. Install NW7.0 system with NW7.0 SR2/SR3 installation master. Please take a look at NW7.0 SR3 media list guide in SMP.

2. Upgrade NW7.0 system to EHP2 using upgrade master of NW7.0 EHP2. Please take a look at upgrade master guide available in SMP.

Please let us know if you need any further clarification.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Edited by: Siva Kumar Arivinti on Dec 11, 2011 6:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva Kumar,

i thought, it was possible to install NW 7.0 EhP2 from scratch. But as you described, i first need to install NW 7.0 and upgrade it to NW 7.0 EhP 2 afterwardsr correct?

Thx

--MIKE

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i thought, it was possible to install NW 7.0 EhP2 from scratch. But as you described, i first need to install NW 7.0 and upgrade it to NW 7.0 EhP 2 afterwardsr correct?

Not Correct.

It is possible to install NW 7.0 EhP2 from scratch. Installation Master DVD is also correct. You might be choosing something wrong in SAPinst otherwise this problem should not happen.

It is 'normal' that the SAPinst 'detects' an existing SAP because you are trying to install another SAP on a single host. But whether you want to 'add' an instance to the 'existing' OR you want a separate instance installation is completely your decision and you have to choose a different 'SID' for this new NW SAP system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

As I understood your requirement in other way, I have given you above suggestions.

But it is 100% possible to install new SAP NW7.0 EhP2 from scratch. If you have already another SAP instance running on same server then you have to choose different SID name for NW7.0 EhP2 instance. As Database SAP said, installation master you have picked up is correct. Please choose the right options while installing. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Hope your query is answered. Good Luck.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Edited by: Siva Kumar Arivinti on Dec 12, 2011 5:13 AM