Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Fetching content folder children in Modeler

former_member182226
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am often facing an internal error in HANA studio sandbox. when i am trying to open content folder in modeler perspective it often throws error: "An internal error occurred during: "Fetching Children...".

java.lang.NullPointerException"

what is the possible cause of this error, is it something related to limited user administrative privilege or its a bug in HANA studio beta version?

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

It's definitely not a permissions problem is it only happens sporadically. Before SPS3, this error happened frequently when users expanded several nodes in the content folder too fast. But this is said to be fixed. How often do you see this error message? Occasionally, frequently, always?

--Juergen

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

same as I suggested in other threads - please check SAP HANA Studio log - it can be found in one of following locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\hdbstudio\.metadata\.log
C:\Users\<user>\hdbstudio\.metadata\.log

Try to locate the error and check if some useful information is before or after the error.

Tomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have due this problem, I just had HANA Studio reinstalled and The problem of fecthing children data still persists,

How do I deal. Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check HANA Server or Restart the HANA Server and check all process are running

And try to connect HANA Studio.

Regards,

Manoj.