Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP startup log to monitor

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am starting SAP in NW 7.0 Portal system., I would like to monitor the starup log and to ensure problem occurs in which phase.

what logs can be monitored and how to open it parallely from Unix/Linux systems.

Please give me the steps

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you can check 2 log files but i am not sure what exactly you are looking for.

when you issue the command startsap.. it will clearly shows step by step logs there it self. what exactly system is doing and where it is..like checking ABAP database, Database is runing or not ruinng then it will try to starting the ABAP databse later on it will show try to start saposcol and then try to Start SCS(if you have java) other wise it will show trying to start DVEBMGS00 etc.. etc...

i am just wondering apart from the above log what exactly you want to check.

any way you can check alert.log for the DB related stufff and you can have a look at Startsap.log file file at /home/sidadm directory.

hope the above info will shed some light on your query.

-Srini

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the startsap r3 JC00 is given , I would like open the log as tail -f <log name> from a terminal so that I can monitor the startup process..the same would applicable for startsap r3 SCS01 ..

I hope the question is more clearer.

Please help me out

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

In that case, you have to tail -f the following logs under work directory (JC00 and SCS01).

std_bootstrap*

jvm_bootstrap*

dev_bootstratp*

jvm_dispatcher*

jvm_server*

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member