cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operating system VERSION incompatability while installing SAP ECC 6.0 SR3

Former Member
0 Kudos

<h3>what is the dump of M.S. SQL SERVER required for installing SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 ABAP system on WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 ENTERPRIZE 6.1 VERSION.</h3>

we installed the MS sql version: 10.50.1702 (dump number 51039339) on our Operating system version was Windows Server 2008 R2 enterprise (version 6.1) and while we are trying to install sap using SAP INST we got one high priority prerequisites analysis message saying

<h3> MESAGE "The following operating system versions is supported: windows server 2003(i.e version 5.2) and Windows server 2008(ie 6.0). current oprating version: version 6.1 service pack 0.0"

Can any one help me what is the problem, Is it the operating system or with the MS SQL server and please tell me what we should do in order to rectify this issue</h3>

Please also tell me how to check COMPATABILITY between OS, DATABASE and SAP. we have gone through PAM but not able to find. Can any one help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message is by default and you can ignore it.

MS Sql Server 2008 R2 is supported for Windows 2008 R2. Just After the installation, when you do the kernel upgrade this warning should go away.

However, for Windows 2008 R2 you should go for modified kernel DVD procedure.

1480785 Creating a Modified Windows Kernel DVD

PAM + SAP Notes which are suggested in the 'Installation Guide' are sufficient to verify the compatibility.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got your point. SAP Kernel upgrade is ok but,

Why we sholud go for modified kernel DVD procedure on windows server operaating system ?

can you please explain me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Why we sholud go for modified kernel DVD procedure on windows server operaating system ?

It's not about 'windows' server, but for 'windows 2008 R2' server.

Kernel files included in the 'Installation Media' are by default the old/low patch level not released fully compatible with 'new platforms' like 2008 R2 - which may cause some problems 'during' installation as well.

So, using modified kernel DVD you get two advantages -

1. You are able to avoid 'those' problems during installation.

2. You don't have to go for an explicit kernel upgrade just after the installation.

Thanks

Answers (0)