cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send mail notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Want to check with you on how to activate the function to send mail for below scenarios:

1. For newly create service msg.

2. Change of status, for eg: from "New" to "In Process".

Pls comment.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to send email whenever a new message is created in service desk, you have to create a new Action. It is similar to the action to send email when change the status to "in process", but you will not use the start condition that checks the status change and you need to define as Immediate processing, scheduled automatically and "Max. 1 Action for Each Action Definition".

Regards,

Raquel Cunha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel Cunha,

That's strange because yesterday, 2 newly created service msg having the mail notif sent out. And i did checked on my system, there do not have any customize "Z" action definition being defined.

Below is my action profile detail:

Since I'm using SLF1 thus we are using action profile "SMSD_SERVICE_ORDER_DNO". And below are the Action definition that belong to it:

1.SMSD_SERVICE_ORDER_DNO_CLOSE

2.SMSD_SERVICE_ORDER_DNO_FAX

3.SMSD_SERVICE_ORDER_DNO_FIND_PT

4.SMSD_SERVICE_ORDER_DNO_NOTIF

5.SMSD_SERVICE_ORDER_DNO_OUTPUT

6.SMSD_SERVICE_ORDER_DNO_PRINT

7.SMSD_SRVC_ORDER_DNO_SAP_UPDATE

8.SMSD_SRV_ORDER_DNO_SEND_TO_SAP

Please comment on which is the correct definition that i need to concentrate to send out mail during msg creation.

Thanks in advance.

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again FSCHU,

I did not understand your first question regarding the email to be sent when a new message is created if you already have it working...I am confused.

Please let me know which actions you see in the action log inside your message (tabstrip action in the transaction data). If you have emails being sent by actions, you must be able to see the action triggered in this action log. I don't have the action profile of SLF1 so I can't see your actions.

I did not have any action to send email with condition "status New" already configured for SLFN, that is why I gave you that reply.

Regards,

Raquel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

Thanks for your reply. Basically the custom action has been created with correct conditions. But someone left out the assignment of email address for the BPs in the system. And this is the cause of no mail sent out.

Thanks ya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I am using SLFN_advanced action profile in service process. I have a question. when I send mail to users when status chages, it is in form of SMART forms, can we send the text in email directly without attachment to user, how to do it? Also, the subject shows 'service transaction w/message' can we change the subject to make it more clear when user like message number showing instead of generic message?

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Here's the answer for your question #1.

In transaction SCOT under SMTP node - internet settings - output formats the setting for SAPscript/Smart Forms is set to PDF. Change it to TXT, this will populate the body of the email and not send a PDF attachement.

For Question #2, my ABAPer just started looking into it, I'll let you know once I have a solution.

Let me know if this helps.

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salpi,

Do you have any ideas for my problem...?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The email title is taken from the smart form title. I don't believe it is possible to insert parameters in this title. Therefore, copy and create new forms for each desired email title. I created two called, "Support message assigned to you" and "Your message has been statused", sent to message processor and reported by respectively based on status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have same problem, but I use SOLMAN 4.O and action profile "SMSD_SERVICE_ORDER_DNO" not exist.

Please help me.

Regards,

Flábio Tassiaro

flabio@abraccinti.com.br

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a way to modify the title of the email instead of taking the title of the smartform. It is documented in SAP note 788626.

0 Kudos

Hi Raquel Cunha,

I have a question based in email and smartform. Did you customize something about: Send email after change document status into solar02?

What I did:

1 - (/nsppfcadm) transaction

- Application: CRM_ORDER (selected line)

- Define Action Profile And Actions

- New Action Profile Created: "ZDOC_ACTIONS_NEW"

- Object Type Number associated: "BUS2000116" (MY FIRST DOUBT IF I AM USING CORRECT OBJECT FOR MY ESPECIFIC NECESSITY)

- Context Class Order: "CL_DOC_CONTEXT_CRM_ORDER"

2 - Inside (Action Definition)

- Processing Type: "4 Process When saving document"

- Processing Times not Permited: "XXXXX No Restrictions"

- Sort Order for Display: "0"

- Schedule Automatically "checked"

- Changeable in Dialog "checked"

3 - Partner-Dependent

- PartnerFunction: (What value I put here based in my initial necessity?)

4 - Determination Technology: "Determination Using Conditions that Can Be Transported"

- Rule Type: "Workflow Conditions"

- Action Merging: "Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition"

5 - Processing Types: (Smart Forms Mail)

- Form Name: A new form I customized

- Processing Class: "CL_DOC_PROCESSING_CRM_ORDER" (I DON´T KNOW IF I AM USING CORRECT CLASS FOR MY ESPECIFIC NECESSITY)

- Processing Method: "CRM_ORDER_EXEC_SMART_FORM" (Is correct?)

- Archive Mode: 1 Mail Only

• Condition Configuration Side ****

I don´t know what values are valid for my necessity. I tried a lot of option, for exemple below:

&CRM Service Process.User Status& E0002+RMORD_1

So, I don't know the correct status for my necessity:

E0002+RMORD_1

E0003+RMORDER

E0003+RMQUOTE

E0002+RMSUS_A

E0002+RMSUS_C

E0002+RMSUS_I

E0002+RMSUS_O

E0002+DADHEAD

E0001+DADHEAD

E0002+DCDHEAD

E0003+DCDHEAD

E0002+DCDSTAT

E0005+DCRHEAD

E0002+DCRITEM

E0002+DDVHEAD

E0004+DDVHEAD

E0001+DHFHEAD

E0001+DHFHEAD

E0002+P000002

E0002+P000006

E0002+PSOL002

E0002+RV_ST01

E0001+ASK0001

Can you help me? I am new in Solman

Regards,

Warlei Figueiredo

Edited by: Warlei de Lima Figueiredo on Nov 24, 2010 7:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FSCHU!

Certain steps need to be carried out in the Action Customizing, in order to send an e-mail automatically to the creator of the message (Key User) after the status of the message is changed from 'open' to 'in process'.

Refer Note 691303 - ST 310: Sending E-Mail from message after status change

However to check for new messages, the service desk employee needs to login to solution manager.

Regards

Taj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, im using Service desk 3.2 SR1. Im new to solution manager and i have been told my current system has been configured for the mail notification. I do have the documentation on the mail config. and i did checked against my system, it is same as the config doc. But still no mail sending out for the 2 scenarios that i mentioned on the earlier post.

Guys, need your expertise from where i can trace my problem.

Thanks in advance.