cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PULL / PUSH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained a Pull dep hor of 5 days and am using PULL/PUSH rule and I have run Depl today.

Assuming we have dist demand on 2nd 3rd 5th days as 10 15 20 each.

When dep is run,

1. Will it combine the three dist demands into a single depl STR for 45 and make the date as today or

2. Will it combine the three dist demands into a single depl STR for 45 and make the date of the dep order as 2nd day or

3. Will it combine the three dist demands into a single depl STR for 45 and make the dep order date as 5th day or

4. Will it gnerate three different dep STR's for each day or

5. is any other logic applying here

Actually my requirement is to create a single dep order for all the demands in the pull dep hor and the dep order should fall either on today or 2nd day

Kindly suggest

(This is with the assumption that stock is there today itself. I mean to say the ATD has been defined.)

Regards,

SS

Edited by: SAPSriman on Dec 9, 2011 10:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman,

Pull push deployment confirms STRs for the demands within the pull deployment horizon on current day itself.

In your case Deployment will confirm, the STRs 45 today itself.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok ,

Thanks so much.

Can you kindly confirm if the three quantities for 45 would get confirmed on monday itself and a singly Depl STR gets created for 45 quantties with available date as monday

Regards,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman,

Distribution demand for 45 is confirmed as a single STR on monday itself.

This push strategy is basically to push demands within pull horizon on the current day itself.

You can further restrict the horizon for every deployment run using the deployment horizon.

Another plus for this strategy is that you can use fair share along with push..i.e if you have also defined a fairshare rule for the product, deployment will do pull/push as above in a stock surplus scenario and do a fair share in a shortage scenario which is a very useful functionality for a source deploying to more than one destination.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks again for the confirmation.

I had few more questions connected to this

(Assuming the scenario remains the same -

> I have maintained a Pull dep hor of 5 days and am using PULL/PUSH rule and I have run Depl today. Assuming we have dist demand on 2nd 3rd 5th days as 10 15 20 each)

Now assuming the supply situation has changed slightly. Initially the supply was available on monday itself. Please see the change below:

1. I am running deployment on monday.

On monday, I have a stock of only 30 pcs and for the balance 15 pcs , the stock is available only thursday.

In this case, how would the Deployment generate results Assume the PULL DEP HOR is stlill 5 days.

2. You suggested me to use DEP HOR but in this case, the users are running Deployment interactively and so the horizon would be picked from the data view. Kindly suggest.

3. You suggested one point " This push strategy is basically to push demands within pull horizon on the current day itself".

Kindly explain.

(I thank you a lot for your knowledge and your efforts)

Regards,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman,

Please find my response below.

1) Deployment will not confirm heuristic STRs without ATD qty, so in this example, 30 will be confirmed today and 15 on thursday.

In this case your push deployment horizon should be atleast 4 days to consider thursday's receipt in today's run.

2) To my knowledge, in interactive plng there is no way to control it, it picks your pull deployment horizon only. customization options may be available but i have not explored them. Anyways in interactive mode when you are processing one location product at a time, you would'nt need it. If you really need it you can write a report to change pull deployment horizon just before your deployment run.

3) You have deployment strategies like push by quota which will push stock to downstream locations irrespective of demand.

But Push by demand /Pull push will push stock only based on demand in the downstream locations. It is not blind push.

When you need to push for the demand in the entire horizon, use push by demands, When you want to push for a certain days demand in the horizon, you can use pull push. You can use Push deployment horizon to control the number of days of receipts that will used for the deployment (but push happens only on the receipt date).

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I have understood.

What if I need to deploy to multiple locations with the same set of conditions ie

Club the demands basing on supply availability and despatch immediately w/o waiting for demand date. This time the deployment is to multiple target locations

How can I achieve the above

Regards,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman,

This is another cool functionality in pull/push (but you might need to enable fair share also, I have not tested this w/o FS rules) .

When you have multiple destinations (say pull hor is 5 days) and you have ATD qty to meet the 5 days demand of all destiantions then 5 days reqmt of all locations is confirmed today.

Let us say you have ATD to meet only 2 days demand of all locations and partially on 3rd day. Then Pull push deplmt confirms only two days demand for all the locations and then distributes the balance qty to the locations based on the fair share rule.

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (0)