Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC configuration causes short dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved from Gateway forum...

This is for GW 2.0 with FP1.

I am trying to add the BDC Model as per the "Build Duet Enterprise Applications with Gateway RFC..." document. I am following the steps in the BDC Publisher section (step 2.). First of all, our DUET server will not let me create a transport when I u2018Create Business Scenariou2019 and that causes a short dump. If I create a local package, I get past that point, but when I try to save from u2018Create BDC Model from GSDO Type u2019, I get a slightly different short dump which is added below the main body of tis message. I tried this with the flight sample, the example one I created from the example found in the "How To... Create CRUD Operations in Gateway Based on Remote Function Modules" document, and my project code, all with the same short dump results. All of the 3 gateway models generate correctly and show no errors with the check function. Also, it does not matter whether I check any of the "Type of Consumer Operations" or not. Any ideas or further steps I can take would be appreciated. Here's the short dump: Category ABAP Programming Error Runtime Errors SYNTAX_ERROR ABAP Program /IWTNG/CL_BDC_HELPERS=========CP Application Component OPU-TNG-TLS-BDC Date and Time 08.12.2011 11:38:40 Short text Syntax error in program "/IWTNG/CL_BDC_HELPERS=========CP ". What happened? Error in the ABAP Application Program The current ABAP program "/IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV==CP" had to be terminated because it has come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed. The following syntax error occurred in program "/IWTNG/CL_BDC_HELPERS=========CP " in include "/IWTNG/CL_BDC_HELPERS=========CM006 " in line 55: "Field "MESSAGE_CONTAINER" is unknown. It is neither in one of the spec" "ified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement." " " " " The include has been created and last changed by: Created by: "SAP " Last changed by: "SAP " Error in the ABAP Application Program The current ABAP program "/IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV==CP" had to be terminated because it has come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed. Error analysis The following syntax error was found in the program /IWTNG/CL_BDC_HELPERS=========CP : "Field "MESSAGE_CONTAINER" is unknown. It is neither in one of the spec" "ified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement." " " " " Trigger Location of Runtime Error Program /IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV==CP Include /IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV==CM00F Row 91 Module type (METHOD) Module Name CREATE_BDC_MODEL Source Code Extract (Source code has changed) Line SourceCde 61 invalid_request_type = 2 62 user_not_owner = 3 63 no_objects_appended = 4 64 enqueue_error = 5 65 cancelled_by_user = 6 66 recursive_call = 7 67 OTHERS = 8. 68 IF sy-subrc 0. 69 "TODO Raise Exception 70 ENDIF. 71 lv_db_req = ls_request_details-trkorr. 72 73 ENDIF. 74 75 CREATE OBJECT lo_wsdl_to_bdc. 76 TRY . 77 lo_wsdl_to_bdc->generate_flat_service( 78 EXPORTING 79 iv_prefix = iv_prefix " prefix (including namespace) for generated objec 80 iv_package = iv_package " Package 81 iv_transport_req = lv_mime_req " Request/Task 82 iv_bus_obj = iv_bus_obj " Business Scenario 83 iv_gsdo_type = iv_gsdo_type " GSDO Type 84 is_operations = is_operations 85 IMPORTING 86 et_bdc_models = lt_bdc_models 87 ev_base_model_id = lv_base_model_id ). 88 89 CATCH /iwtng/cx_bdc_publisher INTO lx_bdc_pub_exc. " Exception class for BDC publishe 90 >>>>> lt_message = /iwtng/cl_bdc_helpers=>add_log_messages( lx_bdc_pub_exc ). 92 93 * ls_message-type = /iwtng/cl_bdc_constants=>gc_msg_typ_e. 94 * ls_message-id = lx_bdc_pub_exc->if_t100_messaget100key-msgid. 95 * ls_message-number = lx_bdc_pub_exc->if_t100_messaget100key-msgno. 96 * APPEND ls_message TO lt_message. 97 * 98 * IF lx_bdc_pub_exc->previous IS NOT INITIAL. 99 * CLEAR ls_message-message. 100 * ls_message-message = lx_bdc_pub_exc->previous->get_text( ). 101 * IF ls_message-message IS NOT INITIAL. 102 * APPEND ls_message TO lt_message. 103 * ENDIF. 104 * 105 * IF lx_bdc_pub_exc->previous->previous IS NOT INITIAL. 106 * CLEAR ls_message-message. 107 * ls_message-message = lx_bdc_pub_exc->previous->previous->get_text( ). 108 * IF ls_message-message IS NOT INITIAL. 109 * APPEND ls_message TO lt_message. 110 * ENDIF. Active Calls/Events No. Ty. Program Include Line Name 12 METHOD /IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV==CP /IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV==CM00F 91 /IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV=>CREATE_BDC_MODEL 11 METHOD /IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV==CP /IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV==CM009 68 /IWTNG/CL_BDC_MODEL_TREE_PRV=>HANDLE_NODE_CTMENU_SEL 10 METHOD CL_GUI_ALV_TREE===============CP CL_GUI_ALV_TREE===============CM00G 17 CL_GUI_ALV_TREE=>HANDLE_NODE_CONTEXT_MENU_SEL 9 METHOD CL_TREE_CONTROL_BASE==========CP CL_TREE_CONTROL_BASE==========CM015 36 CL_TREE_CONTROL_BASE=>HANDLE_BASE_EVENT 8 METHOD CL_TREE_CONTROL_BASE==========CP CL_TREE_CONTROL_BASE==========CM017 25 CL_TREE_CONTROL_BASE=>DISPATCH 7 METHOD CL_GUI_CFW====================CP CL_GUI_CFW====================CM00K 173 CL_GUI_CFW=>DISPATCH_SYSTEM_EVENTS 6 FORM SAPFGUICNTL_CFW SAPFGUICNTL_CFW 23 CONTROL_DISPATCH 5 FORM SAPFGUICNTL SAPFGUICNTL 20 CONTROL_DISPATCH 4 FORM SAPMSSYD SAPMSSYD 297 %_CTL_INPUT 3 MODULE (PAI) SAPMSSYD SAPMSSYD 245 %_CTL_INPUT1 2 FUNCTION /IWTNG/SAPLFG_BDC_OBJ_BROWSER /IWTNG/LFG_BDC_OBJ_BROWSERU01 6 /IWTNG/FM_BDC_OBJ_UI_STARTER 1 EVENT /IWTNG/RP_BDC_BROWSER /IWTNG/RP_BDC_BROWSER 11 START-OF-SELECTION

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I guess you are in FP1 and have got the latest FP1 or in SP01, if so:

Please implement the SAP Netweaver Gateway Note 1622193 to resolve the syntax issue you are facing.

But after this you will get clear information from the tool on what was the point of failure.

Thanks,

Girimurugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that helped. I am now getting a friendlier message as seen below. I am requesting for someone in my team to provide the information in step 3.

Generation of enterprise service failed due to missing configuration

Message no. /IWTNG/CM_BDC_PUB086

Diagnosis

Service Settings for the BDC Publisher are not configured.

System Response

Process terminated.

Procedure

The following information is required to generate an enterprise service:

1. Go to transaction /IWTNG/BDC_BROWSER.

2. Navigate to Tool Settings -> Service Settings.

3. Enter the values for the following mandatory fields:

o Namespace - Enterprise Services Repository (ES Repository) namespace where the enterprise services are created

o Proxy Prefix - Server proxy prefix

o Software Component - ES Repository software component

o Software Component Version - ES Repository software component version

o Profile Name - Name of the profile used to create end points for the enterprise services

o Business Scenario - Business scenario used to create end points for the enterprise services

o WSIL RFC Destination - RFC destination used to read the end point details for the enterprise services

o WSDL RFC Destination - RFC destination used to read the WSDL details of the enterprise services

4. Choose Save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You can also refer to the guide rcently published in http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50aeb0a4-7afd-2e10-918b-83231de26cab which can help in these configuration.

Thanks,

Girimurugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found out the reason for this problem. I thought we are using Enterprise Services, but we are not. Thus I think I need to create the WSDL file using SOAMANAGER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to create a flat service or does the Data and Consumption Model in GW 2.0 do that? If the Data and Consumption Model in GW 2.0 create a flat service, why doesnu2019t the new one I just created show up, i.e. how do I get it to show up?