cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to post an invoice to a closed WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to post an invoice to a closed WBS?

In my case, we are able to post the invoice to closed WBS but when we tried to reserve that invoice, system gives error that reversal of invoice is not possible WBS is closed.

Kindly let me know how can we reserve that invoice and also let me know, if its the normal behavior of system to post invoice to against closed WBS.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Sheelesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Reverse the system status back from Closed to REL on WBS element and then reverse the latest posting you have.

After reversing, against set back the status closed on WBS element.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but i have a small doubt.

If it is possible to post an invoice to a closed WBS then why its not possible to reverse that invoice without changing the status of WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mentioned below is an extract from SAP Help,

The status allows

You to post actual costs to orders and networks that are assigned to the WBS element, as long as their status permit this

The status prohibits

You from assigning networks, production orders or CO orders to the WBS element.

You from posting actual costs to the WBS element

If i understand this extract correctly it is clearly mentioned that you can post actual costs to orders and networks that are assigned to WBS element but you cannot post actual cost directly to a WBS element if the status is CLSD. What i think is that when the invoice is reversed system again considers the actual cost as a posting and hence it is prohibiting you from proceeding further. SAP Help also suggests that in case you need to do an actual posting you need to reverse the status from CLSD to a status that allows actual cost posting.

Hope i am clear here.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

After closing of WBS, posting of invoice is possible. (System will give warning message only if WBS is closed before Invoice posting)

regards

M Umapathy

Edited by: Maripalli Umapathy on Dec 9, 2011 9:39 PM