cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Confirmation with Delivery Date Validation Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have requirement in SNC to restrict PO confirmation within a agreed Delivery Date tolerance. This Delivery date validation should work similar to the Quantity validation we have in SAP standard through the PO_ITMUNDERDELIVERY/ PO_ITMOVERDELIVERY validation profiles.

So the business wants that the Suppliers can only Confirm a PO when the Delivery date in the confirmation is within agreed tolerance (-5 / +1 day ) of the requested delivery date.

Can you please let us know if there is some standard way through configurations to achieve this. I looked for validation profiles available for delivery date, but could see only for Quantity validations.

Another option we looked for was to have a Z Table to store this Delivery date tolerance (-5/+1 days), and implement the BAdi /SCMB/BOL_VALFRMWRK to achieve through custom developments.

Please let me know what solution options we can have for this requirement, as it is urgent.

Thanks & Regards.

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

Thanks so much for such quick help, and giving the links.

We had set up the PO approval process, But actually business does want to go through these manual approval processes.

What it wants is that based on the delivery date tolerance, system should restrict or confirm the PO, the same way as it works for the quantity validation checks.

We also tried with the automatic approval process, but what we see is that once automatic approval is processed, it is updating the requested line with the confirmed delivery date in SNC.

Can you please give your suggestions on how to achieve this.

Regards,

Shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

As suggested earlier you need to have consensus finding profile setting to achieve your requirement.

Once you maintain this setting system will allow to confirm PO if it falls wíthin date tolerance.

Same consensus finding help link I have mentioned.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva / Nikhil,

Even my requirement is on similar lines. PFB the thread which I had posted in this regard:

[;

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath/Nikhil,

Thanks for responding to the message and giving link to your message. We also got the same responses from client when we suggested for PO Approvals through Consensus finding. They wanted to have a similar feature as the validation check for quantity in standard.

We defined a Z validation check for Delivery date, and done developments in our test box Implementing the BAdi /SCMB/BOL_VALFRMWRK. Also created a Z table to maintain the Earliness and Delay tolerance days for Delivery Date for the vendor/plant combination.

So now when we save/publish the PO confirmation the Z validation check for delivery date is executed, and Error messages shown when outside the Tolerance range.

Thanks Nikhil for your very informative responses. As you mentioned correctly the Approval profiles are designed to achieve this requirement, but some how client does not want the full functionality, rather just a validation check for now.

Thanks & Regards,

Shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I think there is no need for Z-customization and you can achieve this standard way only thing you have maintained OWN validation:

After below setting whenever Supplier try to give confirmation which is out side tolerance then system won't allow him to save the confirmation and if supplier is EDI which sends ROC_IN confirmation XML will fail in SNC (You can see that XML in SXI_MONITOR tcode in SNC).

SPRO>Supply Network Collaboration>Basic Settings> Validation>Own Settings-->Maintain Settings in Validation Profiles

And maintain below setting

Profile:POC3

Val.Check:PO_ACCEPTED_CONF_PUBLISH

Msg.Type:E(Error )

Save Mode:DO Not Save message

Continuation mode:Discontinue checks

Checked

Checked

1-Error

Profile:POC8

Val.Check:PO_ACCEPTED_CONF_PUBLISH

Msg.Type:E(Error )

Save Mode:DO Not Save message

Continuation mode:Discontinue checks

Checked

Checked

1-Error

If you want alert whenever PO confirmation is not within tolerance activate the alert type 7035

Path:SPRO>Supply Network Collaboration>Exceptions>Alert Type Activation>Activate Alert Types

Alert type=7035

History=<Blank>leave this entry blank.

save this entry.

If you want receive alert as email then maintain email alert notification:

See the below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8009bba5-7806-2d10-0b80-fa26d8bcb...

In the above link you need to change alert type from 7051 to 7035.

Regards,

Nikhil