cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration for access synonym between Oracle x Sql Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I already had the EasySoft SQL Server ODBC driver installed at Aix. I had the trial license configured too.

Now, what is the configuration that i need to do to access the synonyms by Abap programs?

I read about the transaction DBCO, read about the NativeSQL too.

What's the correct configuration i need after the ODBC driver installed?

My environment:

Aix 6: SAP ECC 6, Oracle 10g

Windows Server 2005: Sql Server 2005

Thanks,

Denis

Brazil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My environment:

> Aix 6: SAP ECC 6, Oracle 10g

> Windows Server 2005: Sql Server 2005

So you want to access data from an SQL Server?

To access an external database two things are required:

- a database client for the operating system (in your case AIX)

- a database interface library by SAP (lib_dbsl)

Since the latter is not available you will not be able to access the data directly from ABAP.

What you can do, however, is to install a dialog instance on Windows, install there the SQLCLNI and the database interface library and run the program there.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

We want to access the tables in a remote database, in our case the SQL Server.

We have the SAP Ecc 6 at Aix and another application developed in FoxPro at WinSever 2005.

I read that for this access, we need the ODBC driver installed at Aix. The Oracle Corporation developed another application called Oracle Database Gateway, used together this Odbc driver.

Installed and configured the Oracle Database Gateway and the Odbc driver, we can create the dblink for this access.

I already created the dblink and i already access the remote table by SqlPlus.

In my mind, I need to configure something at SAP application for access this synonyms by abap programs.

You said for me , is there another way to do this access?

Thanks

Denis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have the SAP Ecc 6 at Aix and another application developed in FoxPro at WinSever 2005.

Gosh! Foxpro!!

> I already created the dblink and i already access the remote table by SqlPlus.

> In my mind, I need to configure something at SAP application for access this synonyms by abap programs.

Read

Note 178949 - MSSQL: Database MultiConnect with EXEC SQL

<...>

NOTE: Currently this DBSL library is only available for the Microsoft Windows

Operating System. UNIX application servers cannot be used to connect to a remote MS SQL Server.

<...>

As said - you need to install a Windows application server additionally to your AIX system to access the data.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thanks again.

Verify if a understood...

- I need to download the DBSL for Aix and install/configure this.

- Configure the DBCO to permit the access for this database.

- I don't need to install anything at WinServer.

Thanks

Denis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks again.

> Verify if a understood...

> - I need to download the DBSL for Aix and install/configure this.

Please read the note again:

The is no lib_dbsl for Microsoft SQL Server and AIX

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I understood that there wasn't any DBSL for Unix. So, we how use the SAP application on a Unix... Do we not able to configure the DBSL with this environment?

Do i need the SAP application installed at WinServer?Or, Can i only configure the DBCO and get the tests with NativeSQL?

Thanks

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I found the "Note 1248222 - ODBC DBSL profile parameters and connect options".

Creating DBCON Connections for the MSS ODBC DBSL

The DBCON table entries are created as described in note 738371.

Note 738371 describes several parameters which are set on the CON_ENV field in table DBCON. The ODBC DBSL supports the following additional CON_ENV parameters:

> MSSQL_DSN=<odbc_dsn_name>

Specifies the name of an ODBC Data Source Name defined in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) of the application server or servers. This way, you can use an alternative ODBC driver for the DBCON connection (possibly connecting to a server other than SQL Server).

> MSSQL_UNIXDSN=<odbc_dsn_name>

This parameter is only checked when running on operating systems other than Microsoft Windows. Currently, no such ODBC DBSL version is shipped with any official SAP product. But a UNIX version can be built internally for test purposes. During internal use, you can use this parameter to specify the UNIX DSN for the ODBC driver. A DSN is required on UNIX.

I added this parameters to "Conn. Info' field. I'm going to tell the Abap to test the NativeSQl..

Thanks Markus, i will post the results.

Denis