cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP2.1 - where to get the license file and where to store it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently downloaded SUP2.1 from the SAP Software Download Center (and thus not from the Sybase Product Download Center because it is/was not available there... yet). I cannot generate a license on the SAP SWDC, and obviously not on Sybase PDC either as I don't have the correct version there.

I tried pasting our "old" license file to directory C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin, but it still claims no file is found (so the directory must be wrong). In the log file, I see the system searches for:

2011-12-09 12:21:04.413 ERROR MMS Thread-5 [com.sybase.sup.server.lm.LicenseManager] msgId: 0, message: Filename: C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin\..\licenses

2011-12-09 12:21:04.413 ERROR MMS Thread-5 [com.sybase.sup.server.lm.LicenseManager] msgId: 0, message: License path: C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin\.. -

2011-12-09 12:21:04.413 ERROR MMS Thread-5 [com.sybase.sup.server.lm.LicenseManager] msgId: 0, message: \licenses

even if I add the \licenses and put the license file there it still can't find neither the directory nor the file. So even if I should have had the correct license file, it would still not work.

Does anyone else have these problems?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you download the SUP server from SWDC, you should be able to generate your license by SAP license as well. If not, ask your SAP Sales person. Other way would be to ask Sybase to get access to SUP 2.1. It is a little wired scenario there, but you need to really ask them to have access to this download (otherwise it will not be shown) or you need a different license form Sybase.

Anyway, you need to phone either SAP or Sybase to solve this. Old license will unfortunately not work with new version

Hope this help!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, you can only get the licence file from sybase (subscribenet) website.