cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of FM KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT on WebGui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Anyone knows if there is an issue of using KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT on the Web Gui? Because I have tested my program on the SAP system and it works fine. But when I tested it on the Web Application Server, the program raises an exception (a run time error)- Exception condition "UPLOAD_OLE" raised.

The error analysis is as follows:

A RAISE statement in the program "SAPLKCDE" raised the exception condition "UPLOAD_OLE". Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior program, processing was terminated.

Trigger Location of Runtime Error

Program SAPLKCDE

Include LKCDEU03

Row 43

Module type (FUNCTION)

Module Name KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT.

My program uses this function to convert data from an excel file to an internal table and I want to be able to read the time data in the excel file as it is entered in the excel file(excel auto converts anything written in HH:MM:SS to custom text format for the cell format, so if i use WS_UPLOAD or GUI_UPLOAD, it won't be able to read the time, but this module KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT will be able to do that, but the problem is it can't work on WebGui). Is this a known issue? Or can anyone suggest another FM that will work on WebGui to convert data from excel to internal table and reading the data as it is entered in the excel file, instead of converting to TEXT?

Thank you for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found me with the same problem, and simply has resolved adding the extension of the file.

We are worinking at SAP ERP2004 and office 2003.

Example:

1. with these data fails

FM " KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT "

FILENAME C:\TEMP\Notas de venta

I_BEGIN_COL 1

I_BEGIN_ROW 8

I_END_COL 7

I_END_ROW 33

2. with these data does not give error

FM " KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT "

FILENAME C:\TEMP\Notas de venta.xls

I_BEGIN_COL 1

I_BEGIN_ROW 8

I_END_COL 7

I_END_ROW 33

I hope that this comment help you.

0 Kudos

I have a same problem, and the filename is ended '.xls'.

Your solution doesn't work....

Why?

Edited by: Jaime White 999 on Sep 5, 2011 4:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

I am also facing same problem while executing my program with SRM portal .

Please let me know if any solution for the same.

Regards,

Shankar