cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use extended safety stock for planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As I understand, with extended safety stock planning, system uses algorithms along with other parameters to arrive at the safety stock figures for a product at a location.

I have few questions beyond this-

1. Is there a separate planning book for extended safety stock planning?

2.Is the safety stock calculated by 'extended safety stock planning' method a static figure or time dependent figure

3.How this calculated safety stock is used for further supply planning. I mean how does the system consider this figure while planning? Does the product master get updated with the calculated values?

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh

there is no separate planning book for extended safety stock planning.

the safety stock is calculated for the product/location as selected in the report and populated in the safety stock key figure assigned in the report.

The calculated figure is considered as additional demand as in the case of static/dynamic methods of calculation of safety stock methods.

Please refer to the below link and also execute the report /SAPAPO/RSDP_CALC_SAFETY_STOCK in SAP. I think you will be able to appreciate the help document better once you open the screen along with the help documentation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/ea/1d9b3979e90e1be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

let me know if this helps.

Thanks, Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing this thread