cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I updated the MIC but upon checking, the inspection plan with the updated MIC was not updated. Is there a way where the update to MIC will also update the Inspection plan.

I am trying to add defect codes in MIC but upon checking the Inspection plan with the MIC was not updated.

Thanks!

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.in QS26 you get the list where MIC is used.

2.In QS27 you can replace MIC with the other MIC.here you can enter the updated version of MIC.

3.In QCC0-->basic settings->@ client level--->there is oprtion of "Replca MIC "

once you click here and do any modification or chnage version of MIC ,system prompt you a pop-up of where you want to replace the mic.

Try to explore this option !!

If you set this indicator, you can replace old versions, which are in task lists and material specifications, immediately with the new version when you create a new inspection characteristic version.

When the inspection characteristic is saved, the system creates a list in which it displays where the characteristic is used. You can then replace specific old versions with the new version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

It says that the MIC is not completely maintained. I checked the MIC but I dont see any log why it is not completely maintained. do you have any idea on this?

Thank you for the help!

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its because of model of MIC is Reference/Complete characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Definitely, u need to check whether u use Incomplete cpy model or Complete copy model MIC refer.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to test both but to no avail.. I've been trying to see the log but apparently it does not have any.

Even the inspection plan it says "task list with errors" but it does not show any logs.

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"task list with errors:-There can be many reasons for this e.g you have not entered defect code when you have clicked on "defect recording " control indicator or Make sure that all data relevent to control control indicators is entered.

etc etc.

But this issue is different from the issue of replacing the MIC's.There is no issues to replace MIC in task list even if task list has problem.

As I know if you make the customization properly & create MIC as "Referenced" & make any change in it like Version change then system give you pop-up to replace it centrally.

Try to do this in sandbox by doing all the settings !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As always, Thank you very much Sujit!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please apply the solution given by Sujit and check the MIC is Reference/Complete characteristic.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u want to rplace MIC from new one than goto QS27 as per Mr. SUrjit.

tick on defect recording in control indicator when u r going to assign ur MIC in inspection plan, as well in MIC also .

this will update ur MIC and when u assigned inspection plan also update.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Do u want to update the MIC in inspection plan?

Regards

Hari

Edited by: Harikris_83 on Dec 9, 2011 2:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

U need to activate 'defect recording' indicator in control indicators of MIC