cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination procedure - New Partner need to be entered manaually

Former Member
0 Kudos

My project require a New partner of Partner type (KU) to be configured. However this Partner should not derive any value from the customer master.It has to be manaully entered by the User.

I have made this partner as mandatory in the sales document Header and Item level. During the order creation this partner value should come as blank or 0. Later the user would enter the suitable customer number there.

I do not want to use any user exits. Is there any configuration way I can handle it. If I made the source field in the Partner determination procedure as blank it picks up from the sold to Party. However I want this to be determined with the blank value.

When I create the Credit/Debit memo request with reference to invoice or contract then it has to derive the value from the previous document but it should not come as blank

I appreciate if some body gives the solution ASAP.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrika,

I do not want them to be maintained in the customer master. Though you dont maintain them in the customer master by default the sourcing will be done from the sold to Party.

Regards

Balachandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a specific partner function is not maintained on Sold to party, then no partner number would come to the sales document rite? Then the users would have to enter it manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the partner number to be blank on sales documents, why do you want to maintain that partner on the customer master? Delete that partner function from customer partner procedure and have it only on the sales document partner procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of making it blank. set-up a dummy partner in customer master with dummy code like "999999" and a very big text that says, PLEASE CHANGE.

put that partner into your partner determination for SO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I am trying to avoid the dummy customer to be added into the thousands of the customer master data.

Regards

Balachandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a reason for refraining from the use of Userexits. Even though the system determines the sold to party as the default value, i think you can change it to enter your own customer number.

The credit debit memo config can only be achieved by the help of a userexit.

Regards

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Metha,

The reason I am avoiding the UE is to find out any other way by config I can achieve this. I can make my customized parter to get from the Sold to or ship to however, this partner is very importan for the revenue perspective.

When this Customer partner is not changed to the correct partner then you would have the wrong posting at the revenue level.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way to avoid UE. Go for it.