cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML parsing failed when processing dimension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have an error that occures when doing a full process on a dimension.

The error I receive is

- XML parsing failed at line 1,column 0: A document must contain exactly one root element. Errors in the metedata manager. An error occurred when instantiating a metedata object from the file.
?\D:\BPC_ANALYSIS_CUBE\DATA\ApplicationSetName.db\ApplicationName.552.cub.xml

I'm not sure how to resolve this error, I believe the error is caused by an XML document that is not generated properly in the background.

This is on BPC MS 7.5 version.

Thanks for the help in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis

Are you able to process the dimension manually using SQL Server Management Console ?

Are you trying to process the dimension from the member sheet in the admin console?

Try to export the dimension in question, and then process the dimension and ensuring that the 'Process Members from Member sheet' is selected in the admin console.

This appears to be a MSAS related error, you might want to check your OLAP server for any errors in the event log, I have never had any issues with this error on the OLAP Server, but an alternative which you could also try is to verify that the MSXML parser is installed

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It only does this when I do a full process. It does it on all dimensions.

It use to work all the time and then just stopped.

I have processed the cube from MS Analysis and I get no errors. The error does seem to be related with the Cube in MS Analysis/SQL but I can process the cube fine with MS console.

I only get the error from within BPC.

Any other ideas.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

copy and paste the xml file that is corrupted in another folder and after from the Admin console process full all the dimensions, BPC should recreate the corrupted xml file.

Kind regards

Roberto

Answers (0)