cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking HR Documents

palaniappanmeen
Explorer

Hi All

We have a requirement from the client to store employee documets such as resume, certificates in the PA30 / PA20 trasactions

According to my view, we can go for creating a customized object link, so that we can attach the above documents in the content server and link then to theses trasactions PA20/ PA30.

In some of the pevious threads, I read that we should use the Archive link functionality and sap DMS will not be suitable

Kindly let me know the drawbacks when i go for cusomization in SAP DMS.

Thanks and Regards

Palaniappan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below I share some links for HR related scenario integration with SAP DMS. You can follow similar guidelines for HR training and Event Management.

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Upload_a_photo_in_SAP_HR

You can explore tcode OAAD to store documents.

There are few standard object types defined. You can create your own by OCA2, OCA3 tcodes...

As you rightly said SAP DMS does not have standard features for SAP HR. You need to use archivelink to stored documents.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Palaniappan,

This is good Question.

When you create document in DMS they have a lifcyle to follow such as approval, changes, version , Revision and release for various purposes. These changes needs to be tracked and maintained in system for various reasons such as developement changes of Product, Approvals by authorities and document circulation.

SAP Archive link is used when you just want to store document for reference purpose only. It does not go under and changes or any lifecycle.

Eg. When an Invoice documents comes from Vendor , these hard copies of Invocies are scanned and stored against Invoice created in SAP FI System . So the obect is an Account document in SAP FI which is seen using transaction FB03. So approval of Invoice happen in SAP FI and not scanned hard copy. Hard copy is only refered while approval of Accounting document.

Similary when employe join in a company we provide our CV, certificates , nominations, ID's which is uploaded against our personal records. These scanned documents are maintained in system for reference purpose.

Hope I have cleard your doubts.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly let me know the drawbacks when i go for cusomization in SAP DMS.

SAP DMS caters to documents that are dynamic in nature.Ones that require a life cyle,versions/revisions,digital signature,hierarchy,comprehensive meta data et-al typically not associated with HR data which are basically static documents that need to be associated directly with a transaction.

In case you implement DMS for your requirement,it will only add to the pains of a user for a activity as simple as storing a document since it overqualifies as a solution.Archivelink is a relatively simpler solution to setup in this context that caters specifically to requirements like yours.

Hope these inputs bring in the necessary clarity.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

palaniappanmeen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your comments and Also Apologise for the delay in replying

From your comments, I can get that to store HR documents Archive link is the best solutions, as this documents are only for reference

So, if I use the Archive Link, can the storage system can be pointed towards the content server, as storing the files in the sap data base will consume lot of memory and decrease the system performance

Also Kindly let me know the settings/ steps to be done for activating the Archive link functionality and storing the documents

Please correct me, if am wrong somewhere

Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, if I use the Archive Link, can the storage system can be pointed towards the content server, as storing the files in the sap data base will consume lot of memory and decrease the system performance

You can definitely point the storage system towards the content server . Do the configurations using

TOAOM

TOADV

TOAAR

For configuration using archivelink refer the document link below

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Upload_a_photo_in_SAP_HR

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori