cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP HANA 1.0 (C_HANAIMP_10 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Just I add this thread for adding people who are completed Certification.

I passed HANA Certification @09-12-2011 @9AM Malaysia SAP Center.

Please add on your self who are completed.

I really thank you for following persons who are helped me with their articles and Answers to improve my skills and clear my exam.

Amit Pratapcim, Tomas Krojzal, Juergen Schmerder and Vitality Rudnytskiy

Thanks,

Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (19)

Answers (19)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Rao,

For those interested in the C_HANASUP_1 exam, I just posted a blog on how to get certified

Success!

Regards,

Denys

SAP HANA Academy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyies,

an any one suggest me...HANA certification exam code..which one I should I appear???

1)C-HANAIMP131(APPLCATION ASSOCIAT)

2) C-HANASUP_1 (SUPPORT ASSOCIAT)

3)C-HANATEC131(TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE)

AS I AM ALLREADY ABAP CERTIFIED CONSULTANT..

Please suggest me which HANA certification,  I should I appear for???

Thanks

Abhay Manna.

roger_g
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Abhay,

If you are looking for a developer/Architect job than you should go for C_HANAIMP131.

If you are a looking for a technical developer role than go for C_HANATEC131 .

If you want a support job than go for the sup_131.

I just passed C_HANAIMP131 on Monday.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rajender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajender Gaddam,

First of all many many congrts to you.

and thank you very much for giving me details information..

If possible could you please send me some material about certification , I will be very helpful for me. I will be grateful to you.

Email id : manna.abhay@gmail.com

Thanks

Abhay Manna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more thing I wanted to ask ,You are fresher or u were having any working experience before HANA certification..??

roger_g
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Abhay,

I am working currently in a HANA project.   No, I am not a fresher.

Regarding material watch the videos in SAP HANA Academy and sign up for one month free trial of SAP HANA and start practicing. Also, download SAP HANA modeling guide, SAP SQLscript, SAP SLT Document, SAP DXC, SAP HANA Data Provisioning, SAP HANA BOBJ Reporting, SAP HANA RDS.

SAP HA 300 and SAP HA100 would be helpful.  Since these are copy righted material you have to buy them from SAP website.

I purchased this book from SAP Press:  NEW SAP HANA Introduction Book 2nd Ed by Penny Silva and Dr. Bjarne Berg. 

This book is very good and a handy resource for your exam and beyond.

Also, check out Dr. Berg's website from Lenoir-Ryhne University.

Dr. Bjarne Berg's Homepage - Lenoir Rhyne University

If you download freely available SAP material, hang out at SAP HANA Academy, SAP BI Tutorials, and Practice using Free Trial, you should be ok with your certification exam.

You have to start somewhere and you will get an idea where to look for additional help.

All the best for your exam.

Thanks,

Rajender

lucas_kiesow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rajender,

I fully agree with your above statement: SAP HANA Platform – SAP Help Portal Page is a very good resource. Maybe not necessarily only for the certification process, but also for reference when actually working with HANA in more detail (SQL Reference, UI5 Reference, basic HANA Performance Guide etc.). It never hurts to keep up to date with the official documentation of the latest SPS.

Regards

Lucas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajender Gaddam,

Many many thanks for giving me information with all the detail information,I am really grateful to you.

Please clear me one thing. now I am working as a ABAP consultant have experience of more than one year, now I am planning for HANA certification,but before I have never worked In HANA, please advice me shall I go for HANA certification?? is it worth,will I get break in HANA as a fresher?. Or else I should continue with ABAP only.

Pleas please I need your advice.

Thanks

Abhay Manna.

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congrats VK,

If possible share  Related Materials & videos to My mail ID .

Mail ID : U can See in My Profile.

Regards,
Seshu.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear seshu Sharing certification material is not actually correct!!

The following below links helps you .

HA300E - SAP HANA - Implementation & Modeling | SAP Training and Certification Shop

HA100 - SAP HANA - Introduction | SAP Training and Certification Shop

poorna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Today I have  passed the SAP-HANA C_ HANAIMP131 certification exam and in my experience I would  say that preparation is the key for success. I suggest to rely on SCN blogs for updates and stick to the topic areas which will give you a fixed scope. Open SAP.com covers majority of the topics and I really enjoyed and learned a lot in listening to those videos by Thomas Jung. I will say that this exam tests your conceptual knowledge and also some scenarios in real-time. By the way, you will have plenty of time to answer 80 questions (nearly 3 hrs),the best method in finding an appropriate answer is eliminating the incorrect choices. Everyday, I used to listen to several videos on topics and try to interpret in my own words by making notes and I believe this will definitely work progressively when you started injecting the content into your memory.I wish all the best for everyone who wants to go ahead with the certifications on  HANA.

Thanks,

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congrats krishna.

Where did you take the exam? Did you purchase it and practice it first or you just read the study materials and watched the video to pass? Please can you share me your experience and the study method I will be really appreciate your help. IM me or send me a email at wasif.ali@adamtravel.net.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

I undergone SAP HANA  training and I started preparing since July 2013, I suggest you to go through the courses of HA100 and HA300. There are SAP certified books available, but never rely on single book. you should have to have  adequate amount of  preparation time and hands on experience on concepts and topics. Looking at various informative materials and videos, these  will provide you Just a basic level of understanding. practice, practice and practice is the key for success. I don't want to suggest any particular  author book  related to this exam. use your  own experience and your own strategy for passing the exam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VK,

Did you practice on the server if so, what is the process to get the server and how much is it cost? Where should I go to purchase it?

Thanks,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me  know. I am working as a ABAP consultant and planning for SAP-HANA certification...How do I Start and how will I give the HANA certification please send me  all the helpful details...

Thanks

Abhay Manna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will there be a coupon for 2014?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am here in texas and I am planning to take the certification. Can you tell me how to study I have the materials I just need to understand the concept that explain in the book or I just need to memorize the TZHANA to pass the exam. I mean what kind of question I should expect in the exam.

Thanks,

wasif

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Have any body cleared certification on

SAP Certified Application Associate (Edition 2013) - SAP HANA

If  yes  pls share the documents for SAP HANA certification  on SP6.

Any Idea No of questions asked in each topic:

Questions on Data Provisioning

Questions on Security and Authorization

Questions on Data modeling

Questions on Reporting

Questions on Deployment scenarios of SAP HANA

Questions on AP HANA Live & Rapid Deployment Solutions for SAP HANA

Thanks,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naga,

Please kindly note that your email address has been removed from this message. Should you wish to share your email address on SCN, please do share it on your SCN profile.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Krishna. I wanted to prepare for the certification for C_HANAIMP131.

Could anyone share links to documents related to below topics (SPS06 preferable):

1. Deployment scenarios for SAP HANA

2. SAP HANA Live & Rapid Deployment Solutions for SAP HANA

3. Administration of Data Models

4. Reporting in SAP HANA

Also request to share your experiences if any one has already completed C_HANAIMP131 and how different it is from C_HANAIMP_10. 

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/implement/content?filterID=contentobjecttypeobjecttype[document]

you can find above linke nice hana contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any idea about eligibility criteria for SAP HANA certification in India? or we can directly pay and attend?

Regards,

Archit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any difference in content between TZHANA and RHANA ?

Thanks,

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I got mine at 24 November 2012, and SAP confirmed that i was the first HANA certified consultant world wide, It is pleasure to share with you!

Wish you joyful moments with new toy, HANA!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congrats Baris,

is it sap conducted internal SAP HANA exam that day?

because if i am wrong the first global exam is December 9th.

thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vigneswararao

I am an ex-SAP employee until January 2012. So i applied for the exam just after the tweet of @SAP about HANA certification which is "Gain a competitive edge with an #SAP #HANA certification http://spr.ly/6013RiT3 " on 23rd of November.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cleared the certification on 12/29/2011.

The documents needed to clear will be TZHANA .If you have some hands on you can Clear the exam with flying colors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Have anyone attended TZHANA course ? Does it have hands on exercise ?

I am planning to prepare for certification but thinking if TZHANA course is really worth without handson exercises.

Please give your advise.

Thanks!

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

TIPS:

I would suggest that instead of TZHANA (1500 $) , buy OHA10 ( it costs only 500 $ ) .

get some hands on at https://www.experiencesaphana.com

(although you wont be able to replicate the example given in TZHANA or OHA10 , as it needs MARA, CEIDEA tables etc , but you can practice the examples in the HANA pocketbook and get a good feel of everything )

and even if you do NOT have any hands on , but blindly memorize every page of TZHANA or OHA10 , you will pass the exam . which means like all other SAP certification , this certification has no value or passing it does not mean that person understands HANA at all .

The only thing , i felt did not come straight off the TZHANA was questions on Data Services , but just for a hint .. most data provisioning , the answer was Data Services .

Finally please dont ask me to send you TZHANA or OHA10 , and nor will anybody send you -- without any vested interest.

Also SAP offers 50 % off coupons for most exams in North America, so you can take the exam for 250 $ .

rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Rajarshi !

I looked at pearson website and I could not find exam for HANA.

http://www.pearsonvue.com/sap/examlist/

where did you takae your exam ?

Also, please let me know how I get 50% off coupon.

Appreciate your help !

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajarshi,

I was able to locate it.

Please let me know how I can get 50% off coupon.

Thanks!

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

go to http://spr.ly/6013RiT3 , and email ken .

Although, I must add that SAP has been giving 50 % off coupons since the last two years. the current coupon I had , expired in Dec 2011 , so I had emailed Ken for a new coupon code , he let me know that as of now there are not yet any for 2012 , which is why a procrastinator like me gave the certification in a hurry .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys... I've one question... Do I have do pay for some course, in SAP, to be able to take the certification exam? I mean, can I study by myself and pay only for the exam?

Other question:

Here in Brazil, the HANA courses are virtual only. Have you taken virtual classes too?

Thank you guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not mandatory to take the Hana course if you want to write the exam . You can prepare yourself & take the exam

Thanks,

Kiran .

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no pre-request for any SAP Certification, but some Asian Countries accept only with experience. for USA & Europe just simply pay and attend.

http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/levels/faqs/index.epx ( check 4th point )

thanks

Rao

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran ( of Medtronic Fame

Since you are in Minneapolis , I am assuming that you had taken your certification from Pearson Vue. Have you recieved the offiicialcertificate from SAP . I had taken my certification in Dec 11 - but other than the pearson vue (at Minnealpolis) confirmation - i have not recieved any oficial record from SAP .

rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I havent received anything from SAP .

Thanks,

Kiran .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

Even I am interested in giving SAP HANA certification.. Can you please guide me how do i go about it.. and with the study material..

Thanks..

Nujhat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have passed Hana certification . I have taken exam in Minneapolis , MN , USA @ 22- Dec-2011

Thanks,

Kiran .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

TZhana would be the course which helps you to clear this exam .

Thanks,

Kiran .

murali_balreddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kiran, Is TZHANA alone sufficient, what about OHA010? I believe OHA010 are mostly PDF documents, but are the help documents that are available on help.sap.com alone sufficient?

Just wanted to justify the need to spend $500 for OHA010.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

For the certification it says you have to take

TZHANA, OHA10 RHANA

Is it TZHANA enough to pass the certification. I think RHANA is similar to TZHANA right. So how about OHA 10. Also in the OHA 10 it also covers the Technical consultant role and contains

Technical Consultant:

SAP High-Performance Analytic Appliance (SAP HANA)

SAP HANA - Architecture

SAP HANA - Docupedia

SAP HANA - Core SetUp

SAP HANA - Setup Extended Components

SAP HANA - Core Configuration

SAP HANA - Configure Extended Components

SAP HANA - Validation

SAP HANA- Operations

Partner Configuration

For Application consultant we don't need the above one right.

Just focus on the below topics

Business content +

Data Modeling +++

Data Provisioning +++

Optimization ++

Reporting ++

Security and Authorization +

Please confirm. Again congrats on your certification and thanks for your valuable input. It helps all.

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil & All

TZHANA is more than enough for certification test. These are few of the tips for Certification Test

a) TZHANA is good enough.

b) You may need some exposure to SAP BW, BODS etc to score high, but in reality nobody is bothered about the score, so you may leave those questions and yet be happy with the test results.

Anand

Passed on 8th December

Former Member
0 Kudos

I passed exam today

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys, just wanted to know if SAP HANA is a choice for me?

I've spent 8+yrs as SAP-Consultant but in SAP-SD/Logistics functional and earlier years in ABAP programming... pls advice?

Regards,

Raghu.

P.S: I've no experience on SAP-BI or BOBJ from a Consultant perspective)

Former Member
0 Kudos

murali_balreddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anyone requesting documents can go to http://help.sap.com/hana_appliance/ and go over the documents (Master Guide, TOM and Modeling Guide). They will be helpful for preparing for certifications. I don't think anyone will be sharing the TZHANA material as they will violating the T&C.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the reply n link..

Former Member
0 Kudos

congrats for u r certification...

can u please share the documents..i am planning for certification...

Anyone please share documents..

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Rama, please have a look at Murali's response earlier in this thread. -VR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cleared the exam on 12/30/11.

All - Documents required for certification is the TZHANA book + Modeling guides

hardik_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kiran,

I am here in texas and I am planning to take the certification. Can you tell me how to study I have the materials I just need to understand the concept that explain in the book or I just need to memorize the TZHANA to pass the exam. I mean what kind of question I should expect in the exam.

Thanks,

wasif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

congrats for u r certification...

can u please share the documents..i am planning for certification...

thanks in advance.

regards,

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good that we have this page.

Just got my SAP HANA certification today 15/12/2011 @ 9AM, SAP Malaysia Center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulation, Jures Yahya ,

So i found one co certified member

please you can reach me my mail which mention my profile.

thanks

rao

former_member321557
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congrats on the certification. Do you mind sharing information or materials so that rest of us also can try the certification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rao

Congratulations.

You do not have to thank me, as I told you. You did it by yourself.

I can say that over two months of your evolution has been exponential.

Your way of looking at this challenge was perfect, the accuracy, persistence, far you've privileged information as others had, the most important: you did understand the concept of In-Memory, architecture and business. Because, technical situation as far I know, anyone can learn

Mr and Mrs, I do not have the stamp of the SAP, this doesn't matter, but, I certify RAO as SAP ALL-IN-MEMORY

Good luck,

Kind Regards,

Amit Pratapcim

Edited by: Amit Pratapcim on Dec 9, 2011 11:45 PM