Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition type to fetch value from a Table without Condition record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement from my client which is as follows:

The SAP system is integrated with IVL Collabera system (3rd party system). A link has been established between collabera and SAP. We Z-transactions in SAP to access Collabera system.

In Export scenario, the user maintains Duty drawback percentages as material specific in a table in Collabera. Now while creating an export sales order, the client wants us to read the % value of that particular material in collabera table and if value is present, then fetch that value in a new condition type defined for duty drawback in the sales order in SAP.

I have tried using USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMV in sales order to do the same but getting several errors.

Can you please suggest if my approach is correct? Is there any alternative for this or a better method?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the requirement is only for output ?? If so, Collabera themselves will handle that and of course, the required text in export billing will be fetched from that table by Collabera. Also, all export / import related reports would be serviced by Collabera extensively, in which case, definitely, for Drawback also, they would be providing some report to the client. This being the case, again why you want to capture in SAP. May be you can explore in this way with the Client.

Still if you want to try, may be you can try with USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP (module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZZ) but what I would suggest is that you can even check with Collabera team by explaining the requirement and ask them whether their tables and fields can be fetched to standard by applying any user exit by any other clients.

I had experience with them for couple of years but in my case, as I said above, all export / import related will be handled by them till output. So in that way, I had escaped from breaking my head with searching for such user exits

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

tricky requirement. You need to create a rfc function module and call it in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

in mv45afzz. And then value would be fetched and you can use it.

There is a problem in one this, if third party becomes offline or some connection breaks then sales order may hang. You've to put some error mechanism in which if you don't get response for more than 15 sec. say then give some customized error .

Or you could try another approach , you can call your Rfc in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT in update mode. It would be having better performance but user won't get to know whether condition value from third party came or not. If some failure happen then a error log would be displayed but mostly people ignore that.

With regards

mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mandeep,

There is a small confusion here.

In simple terms, I need to fetch a value from a Ztable in SAP into my sales order without maintaining a condition record.

In my Ztable I maintain a condition value for certain materials.

When I enter this material in my sales order system to check if this material is maintained in the Ztable. If maintained, then it needs to fetch this value into my condition type for which there would no condition record.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Edited by: Rohan Gudavalli on Dec 13, 2011 11:43 AM