cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Instance missing in SAP MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I could not find the SAP SID in the SAP MMC after creation of a domain in the server. WAS 6.40 SP 15, Java-1.4_08. Though I could add one thru Add/Remove Snap-in, it could not be started throwing error "The service did not start due to a logon failure"

Any suggestion?

Regards

Srinivasan T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan T,

open the Windows Services MMC (services.msc) look for your SAP<SID>_* Services and check in the Log On properties the used user account and credentials.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already checked that. I see .\SAPServiceKA7 and a lengthy password in the input fields for password & confirm password.

Should I make any change in these fields?

Regards

Srinivasan T

0 Kudos

Hi,

are the services running or not ? If they are not running, start them. If you get an error because of wrong user or credentials change them.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The services are not running. Status is blank. If I start them, it gives "Could not start the SAPKA7_00 service on Local Computer. Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure".

Any idea?

Srinivasan T

0 Kudos

Hi,

the credentials for your user SAPServiceKA7 are not correct !

You changed your server to a domain controler, so i guess the user is no local user anymore, it's a domain user now.

Make the needed changes in the services mmc.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I logged on to the system with administrator id and pwd. In the Log On property, I set the option to 'This account' and browsed for the user(object) Administrator and entered the password.

Now it is attempting to start the service on the Local Computer, but immediately I get a message "The SAPKA7_00 service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service"

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan T,

I also have a similar problem for which i have been posting to many forums but the issue is not yet addressed.

But i have a suggestion for you,

Try these steps

1) log in as KA7ADM user

2) goto to the folder /usr/sap/KA7/sys/exe

3) execute the cmd sapstartsrv.exe

4) give all the possible details and check.

This should help you,

And plz do post me if you find any possible solution about the same,

Waiting to hear more from you.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hari Haran.v