cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have very unique case where part of development from SWC has to be moved to QA and other one not.

Case 1: I have 2 namespace in one SW. I have to move only one, please let me know what is best ways

Case 2: in the scenario, the service interface comes from different SWC, how should we move only those

Case3: I have RFC & external definition in SAP APPL, how should i move this to next system using CTS

Thanks & pls advice.

PS: I am taking over so i had no control as how it was developed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

sorry to say you that but that's not really an unique case... in fact that's really common to a PI transport...

To transport, use menu "Tools > Export Objects", then select your SWCV and your transport mode (CTS), and then... you have different options to select what you want to transport, like "all objects of SWCV" (not for you), "all objects of individual Namespace" (your case 1), another option is like "select individual objects" on which you can select which object you want : for instance two Data Type, one service interface, 1 mapping, a BAPI / RFC / Idoc etc.. to be used in your cases 2 and 3.

(*) as I'm not connecting to PI, exact terms of these options are probably different... but the goal of these options is that.

if case 1, case 2 and Case 3 are for the same interface, you have just to repeat the use of "menu > export", e.g three times: for case 1, then case 2 and then Case 3. Each times, you will use the same transport request number, by this way, you will do only one transport which contain different objects.

Reminds: in ID, you can do the same, and use the same transport request number.

There is no difficulty. Do not worry, just see the different options of this menu... And you will find by yourselves.

Mickael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have various level of transport options to transport objects. Entire SWCV level or namespace level or individual objects you can transport. Choose the option accordingly for transport and this is pretty much normal.