cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding profile: convert ordered qty to another UoM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to convert the ordered qty on the sales order into a different unit of measure. This can be done with rounding profile. However, I don't want it to round if it is not exact.

For example: 1 case = 100 EA. If a customer orders 100 EA, it will automatically convert it to 1 case. This should work.

However, if customer orders 75 EA, I don't want it to auto round to 100EA (and convert to 1 case). Instead I want an error to occur, or atleast give the user the option to round or not round.

How can this be done?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can achieve this.

In material master, select basic1 tab.

Then go to click on additional data buttion on LHS top side.

Then chosse Units of measure tab and provide conversion for EA to CASE.

Provided CASE should be UoM in system.

Then in Sales: Sales org.1 tab,

you see Base Unit of Measure as EA.

Maintain Sales unit as CASE.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JP, but I tried that but when I am entering in EA, it doesn't convert automatically to cases. I am able to enter it manually in cases, but it doesn't convert itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do you want to see the conversion? In Sales Order screen iteself?

You should be seeing the conversion at sales Order item level --> Sales A tab

If I understood you, Base UOM should be set as CASE in material master. Sales Org 1 Delivery unit UOM should be CASE. And you have the alternate UOM conversion from PC to case set.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rightly, said to have automatic conversion of UoM in sales order, in your materials master - Sales:Sales Org1 Tab:

- Maintain Delivery unit as CASE.

- And Rnding Profile will take care of your rounding effect desired(press f1 on the field for details)

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

I now have the following settings In the material master:

Delivery unit = Cases

Sales Unit = Cases

Base UoM = EA

For my rounding profile,

Rounding off method = 3

Rounding rule = Y1

However, when I enter a quantity in EA, the rounding quantity doesn't change to cases still.

I.e. 50 EA = 1case. If I order 35 EA, it rounds to 50EA - but it doesn't show up as 1 Case. I expected this to work since the sales unit is in cases.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think the system will automatically change the base UOM to sale UOM in sales order. You need to use user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP in program MV45AFZZ to do this.Or you need to directly enter CASES in sales order.

Take a look into OSS Note 453347 - Sales unit and rounding profile and Note 549413 - FAQ: Quantity rounding in the sales order for further clarification.

Regards,

Edited by: Shiva Ram on Dec 12, 2011 8:33 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rounding profile is used to adjust the order proposal quantity to deliverable units.

Sales unit will default the order item to cases (As entered in material master).

Now, if you want to give an options to the user

1st thing to check at order item level is

1. Is the Sales order UOM = Sales UOM of material (VBAP-VRKME = MVKE-VRKME)

If not then

Check if the sales order unit satisfies the conversion factor (if VBAP - VRKME can be converted to MVKE-VRKME)

If yes then change the sales order unit and make it equal to material sales unit

If not then

switch off round up, have a pop up asking user for pop-up

You will have to utilize

1. Rounding,

2. Sales unit of Material

3. Exit to change VBAP.

4. Screen changes for pop up.

<< Moderator message - Point begging removed >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Dec 13, 2011 8:57 AM