cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping point determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

sorry for asking the regular question "shipping point determination". I have checked few previous threads but didn't find answer.

The issue is,

I have two line items in a repair request( RMA order-sales document type ZRAS) .

001 Material A (higher level)---- Material B (serviceable material)

002 Material C (higher Level) -

material D (serviceable material)

Now,

I do not see shipping point mentioned (determined or manually entered) in the order anywhere. But when I pulled data using a query, I see an entry 40W in VBAP-VSTEL field for the 002 line item. This is not the correct shipping point. An entry 40K also exists for the 001 line item also , but that shipping point is acceptable. Both these shipping points are under "manual shipping points" according to SPRO and should not be proposed by the system automatically.

Why am I not able to see these entries in the RMA ? Also, why is the system proposing the "manual" ones automatically ?

And, can I just ask the user to enter the desired shipping point in the RMA ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the shipping points are from manual shipping point entries, then it looks it might be entered by the user and not by the system. Hence can you check the change history by going to sales order menu Environment -> changes. Here you can find the user who entered the shipping point. Note that if the shipping point is changed by the user in VA01 it self, then you may not find the change history.

And, can I just ask the user to enter the desired shipping point in the RMA ??

Yes you can ask the user to do it, as long as the shipping point determination contains the data in the shipping point determination table.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivaram,

Thanks for your response and inputs.

I checked the changes. Yes there are changes made by them . But why don't I see them in the Order ? i can see them only in the table.

Also, using firecall, I tried to enter the desire shipping point in the line item, but ended up with this error.

Shipping condition 03 loading grp plant 10 St Loc not defined.

But when I check the configuration, this combination is maintained except storage locaiton, however, I do not see storage location specific shipping point determination in SPRO.

When I am getting this error while trying to enter in the order, how could the users make entries and changes in the order ?

How to get this cleared ??

Thanks in advance !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashokraja

You have do define the storage location determination.

Go to IMG-Logistics Execution-Shipping-Picking-Determine Picking location-Assign Picking Location

Shipping pointPlantStorage condition+Storage location

03 10xx+xxx

--Now try to enter the shipping point for your line item in order & check the output

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

ashok

we will check in ovl2, ovl3,

and also check in customer master shipping condotion, and metreial master loading group.

storage location, and document shipping condition cheeck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

all of you are correct.

Initially when i tried to etner shippig point in the line item, got the storage location error as mentioned above. Because it was picking up the higher level item material.

But when I went to

Edit-- > Display range--> all items,

it showed me all the items separtely , like if lie 100 is higher level item, then it showed me 101, 102 etc.. clearly.

Thus, I could enter shipping point separately for the line item with Material D. This solved the problem.

Thanks all for your time and support. Will reward all. Not sure if SDN lets me reward all !!