cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation number reaches maximum number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my client production system, we are getting close to the limit in terms of QM Confirmation Number for Inspection Characteristic (table QAMV-RUECKMELNR).

We have standard SAP number range configuration 1 - 99,999,999 for object QMERKRUECK and actual number is <10%

To resolve the isse, we are planning to archive old inspection lots.

But my question is how the confirmation number behaves after archiving a set of inspection lots, we may face the situation where the confirmation number holds two inpsection lots ( one is archived & other is new)?

What will happen when the system start number with 1 and we would have duplicated numbers in table QAMV.

Please advise with details steps for archiving inspection lots and how the confirmation number reset to 1 and its consequences etc.,

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Nagesam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think still you can create new number range like A1or Z1 ,alphanumeric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for reply.

Can you please elaborate how can we create new number range( alphanumeric? Does it impact anyhting as we are not archived any old inspection lots?

Pls let me know

Thanks,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

No It will not affect the old inspection lots.

In QCC3 -->inspection lot creation ->number range>create a interval say 99 .

assign number range from

90 from 900000000000 to 909999999999

Now in same thread " Maintain inspection lot origine & assign Inspection type" assign this number range 99 to inspection lot origin.

this will definetly solve your issue !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

But my question is when inspection lots archived then how the confirmation number behaves? As per standard SAP, the confirmation number reset to 1 after reaching to maximum number.

We may face the situation where the same confirmation number holds two inpsection lots, one is archived & other is new/actie.

Were there any impacts on the daily business?

Thanks,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very sure it will not happen.Can you not create new inspection lot number or say new confirmation number itself ??

also note one thing in SNRO customization there is setting "No interval rolling" which means :

Selecting the flag prevents the number range object intervals from automatically starting from the beginning at the upper limit.

I hope this will add some value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose, we have max number range for inspection lots are 999 and max number range for confirmations are 9999.

Let say,I have created 900 inspection lots and say corresponding confirmations are tied til 8888.

As per standard 10% warning threshold setup, I do get the warning alert indicating the maximum number is reaching etc.,

Now I have archived 300 inspection lots ( say 3333 confirmations were tied to these lots )

At this stage...

1. Do I still get the warning alert?, even after set of lots archived? If so, how to avoid the warning message?

and when the confirmation number would reset back to 1?

1.1. While creating 901st inspection lot ( new lot ) or

1.2. While the maximum confirmation number 9999 reached? (though few set of lots were archived already)

2. You mean there are no impacts having same confirmation number for both archived and an active inspection lot ( after archiving inspection lots and confirmation number reset to 1 )? QANV table contains two entries for confirmation number.

Pls advise.

Thanks,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Do I still get the warning alert?, even after set of lots archived? If so, how to avoid the warning message?

and when the confirmation number would reset back to 1?

1.1. While creating 901st inspection lot ( new lot ) or

1.2. While the maximum confirmation number 9999 reached? (though few set of lots were archived already)

Once you check the (SNRO customization)setting "No interval rolling"-->then system will never throw warning till 999 and will not start from initial.

2. You mean there are no impacts having same confirmation number for both archived and an active inspection lot ( after archiving inspection lots and confirmation number reset to 1 )? QANV table contains two entries for confirmation number.

No.....what I mean this will not happen,If you make changes I suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Sujit,

You are saying to create new number range for inspection lots ( QCC3 ) and assign origin & type, please calrify if I am wrong. Please find my exact issue and help to fix...

In my production system.....

QMERKRUECK range is...

00000001 to 99999999 and the current number is already 91245679

and QLOSE intervals are below..

000000000001 to 009999999999

040000000000 to 049999999999

070000000000 to 079999999999

and the flag for 'No interval rolling ' is NOT checked, so the number range will be automatically resets to 1, once reaches to the upper limit

Issue : Warning message ' Internal number assignment for object QMERKRUECK (numbers are in critical area)" is showing while creating inspection lots using QA01.

What could be the best solution to fix this?

1. Archive old inspection lots ( on specific criteria ) ? Later, once the confirmation numbers reaches to 99999999, it will reset to 1. In this case...do we get the situation where the confirmation number holds both archived inspection lot and active ( newly created) inspection lot ? Do we have any business impacts?

2. How creating new nuber ranges for inspection lots fix the confirmation number range issue? Please clarify if I am missing anything.

Thanks in advance,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I have already suggested ,Create the new Insepction lot number Interval.

In QCC3 -->inspection lot creation ->number range>create a interval say 99 .

assign number range from

90 from 900000000000 to 909999999999

Wait till Confirmation number reaches to maximum & then change / assign-->new inspection interval range ( " Maintain inspection lot origine & assign Inspection type" assign this number range 99 ) to inspection lot origin in customization.

This will definetly work withou any issue as new cofirmation number will have new number range & new Inspection lot number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit,

'This will definetly work without any issue as new cofirmation number will have new number range & new Inspection lot number.'

Here the new confirmation number again takes the range 00000001 to 99999999 right? ( This range of confirmations we already had before the archive of inspection lots)

In that case these confirmations hold both inspection lots numbers ( with earleir number range and wih new number range that was defined )

Does this scenarion exists? Pls confirm.

Thanks,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand if you have archived the old Inspection lot numbers then system will always shows the newly created one against confirmation number( if at all it has to show--->because ,Inspection lot number & material document number are related to each other in QAMB table & Material document is related to Order number & not confirmation number).

Also make a point hee if system do not found any number then only it will give msg " Do you want to serch archieve" .