cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set apropriate nr of work processes for client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have to perform an local client copy with application data with 290 GB DB.

It is an HPUX ia64 10kSAPS machine).

I wander where to define nr of work processes so that I can run at least 6-8 parallel jobs.

I guess it is in transaczion "sccl"->goto->parallell processes. But what then ?

I guess Maximum nr. of processes

I am a little lost as I am performing at the time beeing a client delete with 15 processes there but only one is used

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You are right on how to set paralle process for client copy. In addition please check the note

Note 208919 - CC-INFO: Performance as of Release 4.6

especially table reorganization and update statistics regualarly.

Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You can set the number of parrallel process for the client copy based on the number of CPU's your system have.Please check in ST06 how many CPU counts you have.As per the SAP standard parrallel process can be 1.5 times you CPU count.

For eg if you have 4 cpu count then parrallel process = 1.5*4 i.e=6 .So you local client copy can be completed faster.

Every CPU count can handle 2 threads.Inorder not to burben you CPU utilization you specify 1.5*CPU count the parrallel jobs.

Thanks,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I guess it is in transaczion "sccl"->goto->parallell processes. But what then ?

Put '6' there and it will land you into RZ12 to create RFC server group (if already not created yet) -> create the group according to your server_instance name.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a7f39505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 541311 - CC-INFO: Parallel processes FAQ.

Thanks

Sunny