SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic estimation for previous MR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We need to bypass the standard estimation and to give other estimation in case we have a MR that has a MR after it with EABL-ABLSTAT equal to 1 or 4.

For example:

For some reason we want to give automatic estimation for MR at 01/01/2011, this MR (at 01/01/2011) has after it another MR reading at 01/03/2011 with EABL-ABLSTAT equal to 4.

How can we do it? I will appreciate any help.

Please pay attention that if there is no MR after the one that we want to estimate there is no problem to give our estimation. We used EXIT_SAPLELHR_002. But in the above scenarios we can't use the same use exit.

I will appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.

Hussam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussam,

As I understood your requirement, you have a open meter reading order on 01/01/2011 and you are receiving a read on 01/03/201 - so, you would like to estimate and enter read for 01/01/2011 based on the reading received on 01/03/2011.

If this is the case, this can be achieved using configuration where you need to activate Automatic Interpolation for a given Meter Reading Reason. Configuration path is SAP Utilities --> Device Management --> Meter Reading --> Meter Reading Order --> Order Creation --> Define Automatic Interpolation of Meter Reading Reasons

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Avinash

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

former_member442034
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try enhancement EDMLELHA with exit EXIT_SAPLELHR_003 - SU: Projection Method Estimating the Meter Reading Result in enhancement.

Best regards

Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussam,

As I understood your requirement, you have a open meter reading order on 01/01/2011 and you are receiving a read on 01/03/201 - so, you would like to estimate and enter read for 01/01/2011 based on the reading received on 01/03/2011.

If this is the case, this can be achieved using configuration where you need to activate Automatic Interpolation for a given Meter Reading Reason. Configuration path is SAP Utilities --> Device Management --> Meter Reading --> Meter Reading Order --> Order Creation --> Define Automatic Interpolation of Meter Reading Reasons

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

Thank you for you answer.

my goal is to do estimation regardless the MR at 01/03/2011. this mean that the estimation at 01/01/2011 should neglect the MR at 01/03/2011. the estimation should be the same as if the MR at 01/03/2011 is not exists.

Thank you...

Hussam.

0 Kudos

Hi Hussam,

So, when you want to trigger estimation? After meter reading is saved and overwriting the value which user has entered? Request you to give some more details with example:

- When you will create meter reading order

- Do you wait for meter reading to come back?

- Do you want to trigger estimation, if no meter reading is entered?

- or Do you want to estimate meter reading as soon as order was created?

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hello Avinash ,

yes, I wabt to trigger estimation after meter reading is saved and overwriting the value which user has entered,

for example, there is a MR at 01/01/2011, after this MR there is other MR at 01/03/2011. see the table

date of MR MR

01/10/2010 0

01/01/2011 25

01/03/2011 125

My goal is to do estimation for MR at 01/01/2011 according to customer estimation and not to the standard.

if i do estimation at 01/03/2011 I will not have a probelm and it will be according to the estimation of the customer, and not to the standard.

I hope I explained my self.

Thanks and regards...

Hussam.