cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Pack 1 - BDC Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im using Duet Enterprise FP1 an I tried to create Gateway Objects by using Screen Scrapping (Flight model example)

It all worked fine until I tried to generate the BDC model by using the BDC Browser.

It says I have to configure the Service Settings.

Do I need an Enterprise Service Repository (ESR) to generate the BDC Models?

Thanks

Regards

Pit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pit,

yes, you have to configure an ESR. Just a few days ago we published a guide on [how to configure the BDC Browser|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/duet-enterprise?rid=/library/uuid/50aeb0a4-7afd-2e10-918b-83231de26cab].

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

thank you!

I already read the How-To: "Create Gateway Objects Using Screen Scraping"

One question: At the step (create data model) where I provide the "Data Source Type" an the "System Alias" I chose our backend system, because there the example flight data is populated.

When I continue it says "System with alias IDS_800 does not support Screen Scraping" !

So I ran the report (SAPBC_DATA_GENERATOR) to create the example data at the SCL System.

This worked fine for this case, but what am I to do, that I can publish data from the backend for further scenarios?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pit,

To use screen scrapper you will need to have software component IW_SCS installed in your backend system.

Can you please check if you already have it? Please note: This is required only for screen scrapper and not for BOR or RFC generator tools.

Thanks,

Girimurugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok so i need to install the IW_SCS on the backend.

No matter how Screen Scraping, BOR or RFC i will need an ESR? Am I right?

Regards

Pit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, correct. ESR is prerequisite in Duet Enterprise landscape at design time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pit,

Yes, ESR is required. This is used to generate the SOAP service interface in the second step in the BDC model generation process.

Thanks,

Girimurugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok... thank you!

Regards

Pit