cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net-Integration doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a lot of problems with the PDK 2.5. Nothing really works. I get a lot of runtime exceptions when using the created pages and some of the GUI elements even don't work (i use Visual Studio 2005 and i redeployed the two PDK-SDAs).

In a previous thread i read that the PDK does not support NetWeaver 2004s SP7 and SP8. So what can i do? Where can i find out what portal version is installed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

In order to find out what Portal version is installed:

1. Navigate to http://[host]:[port]/index.html

2. Click on System Information

3. In the table "Software Components" you see the version

SAP is planning to provide ( very soon ) a fix for PDK 2.5 that will enable working with NW04s SP9 or higher.

Regards,

Rima.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? If so, could you post the resolution. I am having a similiar issue.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, i haven't solved this problem yet.

I have reinstalled the whole SAP-System (Rapid-Installer SP8) and tried to update it again. I thought the SAP-System got damaged somehow. But the update to SP9 failed again on the fresh installed system. So at the moment i'm working with SP8 (i installed the SAP-System a third time). At the moment i have no time to check what's wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc... i had the same problem you mentioned above with the deployment failing on the KMC component. From the VA, the WebDynpro service as well as a few of the CAF services were in the state you mentioned.

From the SystemInfo page, i saw (2) of the SAP_JTECH files were at differing SP levels...

sap.com SAP_JTECHF 7.00 SP9 (1000.7.00.9.0.20060810173100) SAP AG 20061019172957

sap.com SAP_JTECHS 7.00 SP6 (1000.7.00.6.1.20060306103400) SAP AG 20061019170137

The "...SAP_JTECHS..." sca file contains alot of CAF and WebDynpro components. I started up SDM manually, and deployed this file and restarted the instance. Once up... the WebDynpro and CAF services in the VA were in a "Started" state. I then started up JSPM, and had it finish the SP9 patch upgrade. All the deployments went well.

Hope this helps. -jhg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

great, thanks for the information. It seems to be working partially. I deployed the SAP_JTECHS sca file manually and resumed the deploying of SP9. This time i didn't get an error message when deploying the KMC components. It seems all components have been deployed succesfully. However i got an error message at the end of the deployment:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ActionStateUpdater.getStateForFurtherSCAction: Couldn't find any of the known states in groupedStatesSet

I traced the problem back to a SDM logfile that tells me "no available running server node". Maybe this error message occured when the JSPM restarted the J2EE engine.

I checked the SDM for the deployed SP9 components and coudln't find any problem. The portal itself seems to work properly. Even the WebDynpro applications are running. At the moment i don't know whether the portal is ok or not.

Oh ... the SAP.NET checkbox and the tabstrip are working now. It seems the PDK runs more stable.

(I would give you more forum points for your posting but there are only two left.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have version 7.00 SP8 (1000.7.00.8.0.20060608124100) installed. This means NetWeaver2004s SP8?! So i have to wait until SAP releases a fix and then i have to upgrade to SP9?! Uargl...

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

You can download Hotfix 1 for PDK 2.5 from here https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/dotnet?rid=/webcontent/uuid/be35e447-0a01-0010-8496-c... [original link is broken]

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information,

but as allways, it doesn't work as it should. When i try to install the portal runtime update on the server the installer aborts with error code 1923.

On the client machine with visual studio 2005 installed the installer even refuses to start. Although i successfully installed the instmsi30.exe...

Maybe i have to wait for a fix for the fix.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Did you verify before applying the hotfix that there was no running Portal Runtime for .NET node ?

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

my mistake ... when i first tried to install the SAP-Dot-Net-Runtime-Hotfix the server node was running. I then stopped the node and tried to install the hotfix again. But the installation didn't work. I think the runtime gets damaged when you try to install the hotfix while it's running.

Encouraged by your post i reinstalled the SAP-Dot-Net-Runtime (repair) and installed the hotfix again. And now it works...

The problem on the client machine i solved by myself. It seems that the Portal-Add-In-Hotfix has a problem with the Windows Installer 3.1 on a Windows 2000 System (WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe). After i deinstalled the Windows Installer i could install the hotfix.

Ok, now the hoftix is installed on the server and on the client machine. But problems still exist. The SAP-Checkbox still doesn't work and the compiler still complains that the "Element 'ListBoxItem' is not a known element", although it is generated automatically by the SAP-Combobox.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Did you experience any problems in upgrading to SP9 ?

In addition, as you probably know, PDK 2.5 for .NET on Windows 2000 is not officially supported configuration by SAP. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/be35e447-0a01-0010-8496-... [original link is broken]

Getting Started -> Requirements.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

i have major problems. During the upgrade to SP9 the WebDynpro Container (Visual Administrator->Server node->Deploy->WebDynpro) disappeared. Now all the WebDynpro applications including the WebDynpro administration page in the portal (http://<adress>:<port>/webdynpro/welcome/Welcome.jsp) don't work anymore. I get the message that I "have requested an application that is currently stopped". I found no way to restart the WebDynpro-Container.

The WebDynpro Runtime seems to be started. At Visual Administrator->Server node->WebDynpro Runtime is a blue star with a light blue arrow above, there is no red cross. I cannot stop or restart this node. So what can i do?

This happened during the deployment of SP9. The deployment aborted with the following error message:

Starting Deployment of tc/kmc/kmc.people.shared/wd_picker

Aborted: development component 'tc/kmc/kmc.people.shared/wd_picker'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0009.20060804134857.0000'/'2', grouped by :

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/tckmckmc.people.sharedwd_picker.. Reason: Container webdynpro is not active at the moment and it is not possible to update sap.com/tckmckmc.people.sharedwd_picker.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Container webdynpro is not active at the moment and it is not possible to update sap.com/tckmckmc.people.shared~wd_picker.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment of tc/kmc/kmc.people.shared/wd_picker finished with Error (Duration 62859 ms)

Starting Deployment of KMC-CM

Aborted: software component 'KMC-CM'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'1000.7.00.9.0.20060806101400''/'2':

Failed deployment of SDAs:

development component 'tc/kmc/kmc.people.shared/wd_picker'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0009.20060804134857.0000'/'2' : aborted

Please, look at error logs above for more information!

Deployment of KMC-CM finished with Error (Duration 8625 ms)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Indeed it seems to be a major issue. I would advice you to refer to SAP Support. This is the best way to get professional and fast help in such situation.

Best Regards,

Rima.