cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earned Value : How to remove statistical Cost Element from EV calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We have in a WBS costs also for statistical CE which belongs to fixed assetes , This causes costs to be reflected in a report

S_ALR_87013533 . But these "double costs " ara also taken into consideration when I run the CNE1 for EV .

I want to exclude this specific CE from the Actual costs for the ACWP claculation .

How can I do that ?

Thank's

Gadi Rotem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SPRO - PROJECT SYSTEMS -- PROGRESS -- PROGRESS ANALYSIS -- PROGRESS COST ELEMENT ASSIGNMENT.

Give the controlling area.

Now you can see cost element group might be assigned to the EV cost element. Check that cost element group has your statistical cost elements. Remove from the group. Run the progress analysis.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank's for the quick response , however :

I have CE with category 61 - Earned Value assigned to CE group PS_GENERAL .

This Group doesn't contain the statistic CE . category 90 .

still I get in CNE5 in Actual costs the costs also for the statistical

Do I have to add the statistical CE to the group or not ?

Thank's

Gadi

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Statistical cost elements are you used for balance sheets accounts. Can i know what cost are they carrying. Don't include them in your cost element group.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have a specific CE ( 2800020 ) category 90 which is for the Fixed assets and we make settlement to from WBS to FXA .

We still see the costs of this CE in the WBS costs .

I have assigned CE category 61 ( 651100 ) to CE group ( PS-CO ) in customization . the CE group PS-CO does not

contain the statistic CE ( 2800020 ) .

Still after running CNE1 I get in CNE5 in Actual costs all the costs including the costs of statistical CE 2800020 .

What is wrong ??

Thank's

Gadi

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please read the Sap Note:61414.

If a cost element categroy 90 is used for fixed assets. Then respective WBS should not be settled to the fixed asset. Because the fixed asset might be assign with same WBS as the CO object assignment. Which show the WBS with double costs.

To rectify that , we can reverse the settlement for that repective wbs.

please let me know if you any issues.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again

"To rectify that , we can reverse the settlement for that repective wbs. "

How can I do that ?

What steps do I have to make ?

Thank's

Gadi

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check since how many months your are doing the settlement for the WBS. Now you have reverse the settlement for all the months.

Goto CJ88-- give the 1)wbs number --

2) settlement Period

3) fiscal year

Select Settlement in the menu bar. and in settlement we have REVERSE. Please repeat the step for all months you have done the settlement.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank's again for your reply . However we can't perform the reverse . There are too many WBS and for 5-6 months and

it' s a on going process when they settle to the asset .

I think I will open an OSS because I believe that for EV calculation SAP has to enable me to eliminate this statistical CE

from the calculation .

Thank's

Gadi

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read SAP Help given in the IMG node of Maintain Assignment of Cost Element Group which will address your issue.

Please try one more time...

....create a new cost element group which contains the cost elements you required to be included in EV calculation and assign, also select the def. radio button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdhul

Thank's for the quick response . However ' I jut tried to create a new CE group which contains only the CE I want to include in the EV calculation , after running CNE1 and CNE5 I still get ACWP consists also of CE which are not in the CE group

thank's

Gadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's Abdul

But it did not help , I created once again a new CE group but after running CNE1 and CNE5 I still get the same ACWP

consits also from CE that are not in the group

Gadi

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... after running CNE1 and CNE5 I still get the same ACWP

Maintain Assignment of Cost Element Group will effect BCWS and BCWP only.

ACWP = Actual Cost,so it will be including statistical cost, Please try by changing your value category excluding and suppressing these statistical cost elements.

Please regenerate data base through CJEN and try.

Also try by creating a new project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"ACWP = Actual Cost,so it will be including statistical cost, Please try by changing your value category excluding and suppressing these statistical cost elements."

Thank's Abdul for your input and clarification .

I have a specific value category - FXA for the statistical CE , However I don't understand how I can suppress this Value category when I run transaction CNE1 or CNE5 ? .

Or do you think that If I suppress the Value category in report S_ALR_87013524 will be sufficient for th EV calculation so

report will take ACWP without the FXA value category ?

Thank's

Gadi

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CNE1 is not calculating ACWP

If you want to suppress the ACWP (Actual Cost) from the reports, please suppress that value category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul again ,

Thank's for your quick reply ,

I just want to make sure that I understand correctly , and I will use an example :

the ACWP in WBS 1 = 45M consists currently from 25 M actual ( real ) costs and statistical costs in Value vategory FXA = 20 M .

the BCWP = 20 M .

If I will manage, in a report S_ALR_87015124 , to suppress the Value category FXA then the "real" ACWP is only 25 M and

the CPI will be 20/25 = 0.8 ? while currently without supressing it is 20/45 = 0.44 ?

Am I right ?

Thank's in advance ,

Gadi Rotem

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt whether you can avoid Actual cost ( statistical actual cost) from the CPI calculation. Value Category only controls the display of Values in the report. since you have avoided these statistical cost elements from the cost element assignment it may work.

Please test and verify in your sand box / Dev. client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's Abdul

I have suppressed the value category and it works well now !

Thnk's very much for your input

Gadi Rotem

Answers (0)