cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend RFC change makes all MBO's stop working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created an MBO using a SAP RFC.

I had to later change the RFC and remove one field (PRODUCT_GUID) from the return list.

I then deleted and recreated the MBO with the changed RFC signature.

Now, whenever I make an MBO call, I get an error saying the field PRODUCT_GUID was not found.

This happens irrespective of which MBO request is made.

There are no relationships and no other MBO references the PRODUCT_GUID field.

The exact error is worded as follows.

Sybase.UnwiredPlatform.WorkflowClient.RequestFailedException: java.lang.RuntimeException:Field not found for column 'ET_LIST_RESULT.PRODUCT_GUID' and key '/ET_LIST_RESULT[-1]/PRODUCT_GUID'.

at Sybase.UnwiredPlatform.WorkflowClient.Responder.ProcessSyncRequest(ContextData oContextData, String sData)

at iAnywhere.MobileOffice.AMP.PluginProxy.RunSyncRequest(PluginCallContext oCallContext), details= Error: 1053 Native Error: -2146233088 Message: 'Sybase.UnwiredPlatform.WorkflowClient.RequestFailedException: java.lang.RuntimeException:Field not found for column 'ET_LIST_RESULT.PRODUCT_GUID' and key '/ET_LIST_RESULT[-1]/PRODUCT_GUID'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to remove the filed and key of PRODUCT_GUID from workflow packages. Open your workflow package and view the properties, all the key values would be listed in "KEY" tab. Remove the unwanted key which you have specified in your question. Deploy the workflow package once again, when deploy make sure "Update generated code" be enabled. Before regenerating code, take backup, otherwise all the UI work will go off.

Regards

Yokesvaran K

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Padma,

whenever you make any changes to the MBO re-deploy it..

Regards,

Jitendra

mike_reader3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@ Jitendra ... re-deploying does not work.

Apparently this is a known issue and will hopefully be fixed with SUP 2.2

This is a real pain point for us.

Can someone from SAP / Sybase comment on this?

Thanks, Mike

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution for this is restarting of the local primary server in the scc.

Regards

Midhun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any other solution to this problem apart from restarting the sybase server?

I am facing the same issue when I deploy package and run it from iOS native app.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

You can create a new RFC/BAPI with other name with same code.

Regards

Midhun.V.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was facing the same issue. Seems to be related to JCo caching at the Sybase Unwired Platform. Try restarting of SUP or if that fails then renaming the ABAP function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting same error. And i do not understand why this thread did not answered yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting same error. And i do not understand why this thread did not answered yet.