cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Updating SWCV SLD Info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i try to use the 'Update SLD Information' under tools in the enterprise repository i get the following error -

GUID of software component version in SLD has changed To import the software component version with the new GUID, create a new software component version

Why does this occur and what can be done about it?

Thanks

Riaz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In ESR, try to use menu "tools > Update Product /Main instances..." with the product inside which you have your SWCV.

After that, try again your "update SLD" in your SWCV.

Regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael

That did not work unfortunately.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. In your SLD of dev, do you have the same GUID for this SWCV ?

if yes, you should do a clear cache of your IS (PI web page -> administration -> cache -> etc..) + SXI_CACHE.

2. if no, eventually, think to this non-normal action.... but...

Do you have this SWCV in another PI environment (exm PI qua) with your GUID (this one of ESR)?

If yes, check if you have this SWCV (same GUID) in the SLD of this other environment (exm XI QUA).

if yes, maybe a solution to avoid your conflict in ESR dev / SLD dev is to do an export of this SWCV from SLD qua to SLD dev... but... that's clearly not the normal way... with perhaps other impacts (I don't know your landscape, your SWCV dependency, your development phase vs production and/or maintenance)... so that's just an idea which could be thank. (coud be)

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael

How do i check in the SLD what the GUID of the SWCV is? I tried looking at it through the CIM Instance option but there's nothing there and the default SLD view does not show a GUID either.

Regards