Did you mean: 

STMS Issue

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to report a strange set of issues after the last support

package application.

When we release a transport from DEV, the transport appears in the QAS

queue, but when we try to import it, the transport gets the "truck"

icon in the working column, and then nothing happens.

If I monitor the transport from the filesystem (/usr/sap/trans/log),

the transport completes, but it just doesn't update the status to say

it's complete (truck doesn't go away).

What I then do is doube-click on the "working" icon (the orange

triangle) in the RC column, and when I get the screen that allows me to

delete the status of the transport, I delete it there, and it then

completes.

That is the first part of the issue. The second part is we have

experienced is sometimes when we release a transport from DEV, the

queue hangs. What I then do is check the filesystem, and the QAS.LOB

file is stuck (it is waiting for the file to be unlocked) and if I

rename that file, it creates another instance of the file and the

transport goes through.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Would you recommend I update the TP tool, or the kernel?

I have checked the filesystem space, and that is not a problem.

This is the message I have raised with SAP, just waiting for a response.

What I have recommended to the system owner that we do a system copy of Production to QAS, which will resolve the issue, and they will score a free refresh.

But this is my real question...

Recently I had a situation where a SAP Note was applied to a system which effectively 'broke' the system, it would dump at logon, it would dump when you went into any transaction (except ST22, how ironic). I managed to fix the issue by taking a transport of the program that was causing the dump from another system and importing it into the system from the command line.

Now obviously this wasn't a productive system or anything, but I was just interested to see if it would work, which it did. I then proceeded to tell the responsible Basis person to apply many support packages in order to (hopefully) sort the system out.

I was wondering, if I wanted to try the same approach with the system problem I have mentioned above, what programs/function modules would I need to replace in order to hopefully overwrite this strange system issue.

Any insights?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a somewhat similar situation. Is your's a distributed installation? In such a case make sure all the application servers and database servers have access to the common transport share. In our case one of the appservers did not have access to the central transport share and whenever a TR was scheduled to be imported via this appl server, we would get a hung situation.

Regards,

Srikishan

0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks for the response.

The system is not distributed, and the configuration used to work before we began applying the Support Packages, so the issue has been caused by a program error.

Regards,

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Incase of central system installation, the best bet would be to update the tp and R3trans programs and if possible the latest kernel as well. Then check if the issue recurs.

Regards,

Srikishan

0 Kudos

Hey Srikishan,

The kernel has been updated in the hopes that it would address the issue, to no avail.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide the system details...SAP Version/OS/DB. Also any output from the SLOG and tp logs would be helpful as well.

A few things you can try/look into:

Check the status of RDDIMPDP & RDDNEWPP - Make sure the Job Owner is authorized to run the program - Restart if needed.

Delete the tp buffer at the OS level & check for .loc & .lob files in /usr/sap/trans/tmp - remove the .loc file and rename the .lob file

Look at tables TMSTLOCKP and TMSTLOCKR if there is anything in those tables - delete the entries

Check for multiple tp processes running at the OS level - if you do find multiples - kill them

If there are entries in TRBAT & TRJOB - delete them (only after you kill the tp processes at the OS Level)

Also look at OSS Notes 745468 Problems with sapevt program in Releases 6.2, 449270 Job RDDIMPDP is not triggered by sapevt,

690449 Transport buffer lock file (.LOB) remains blocked on

You might also get more information from running RSTPTEST in SE38...

Good Luck and let us know!

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Import Monitor of the request having the problem and delete the entries in the left hand side TAB and go to import monitor and check, it will be showing as Green color. Now again you transport the request and try.

Regards

D.Mukunthan

0 Kudos

I am assuming that the programs would have to control the transport system.

So I would probably have to import to 000 and the productive client.