cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup with RMAN without BRBackup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually backups on my production servers are performed using brbackup without rman.

I want to implement rman with a repository used by others oracle databases.

I would like to know if SAP supports database backups without DB13 and br*tools ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

your question is answered in sapnote #105047 (Point "64. Recovery Manager (RMAN)").

We are also using RMAN the native way (without BRTools), a RMAN catalog and Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle instead of Tivoli Data Protection for mySAP. If you know what you are doing it is much better than the BRTools )

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Is there any way in that case to provide status information on backups in SAP (DB12, ...)?

Best regards,

Frank

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

yes with a custom query on the corresponding RMAN views (based on your needs).

Afterwards this query can be included in the "Loadable SAP Support Monitors" (SAPnote #1299493).

Regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can integrate RMAN into your Oracle database with the SAP System using one of the following:

○ SAP implementation

You can use the SAP implementation of the Oracle interface SBT, using the SAP backup library. For more information on activating the SAP backup library, see SAP Note 142635.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer.

I want to integrate SAP Backup in our global Oracle backup policy and bypass BR*tools usage.

Is it supported by SAP ?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can bypass standard brtools usage to take backup and use RMAN to take SAP backup. As mentioned above RMAN backup is supported by SAP.

Regards,

Deepak Kori