cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP connetion with SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What kind of ABAP skill should a SD consultant have?

I mean the SD consultant use thes ABAP language by themself

Thanks!

Ling

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SD consultant must know about tables only not ABAP code because functional specification create by function consultant only.for FS creation we have to knowledge of tables and functional module.

So functional consultant should have knowledge of table linking and function module.

Regards

Puneet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ling zhang,

As for as functional consultants are concern they must know the all the tables in which the data is stored.

For example once you raise the sales order that in formation is stored in respective table (VBAK,VBAP,VBEP and so on......

One you need to develop a report or out put form this knowledge will be help full.

You must know the link between each and every table and what kind of data you will get if you pass certain data element.

Hope it will help full

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

But how often and how important for ABAP knowledge handling?

I understand the more the better. But I just want to know how deep experience should a SD consultant have?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SD consultant should know about where the master data getting stored and in which tables,nothing more than that.If any

enhancement or report required through the ABAPers you have to give correct logic as per the requirement and table

details,from which table which value you want him to get.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Common tables for SD is what you need to know. migration tool like LSMW is necessary for migration.

Know how to check table names and fields and its relationship.

Not necessary to know how to debug, but good to know for your job.

Know how to read abap codes is good to know but not necessary.

To be deep, know debug, know linkages of tables and fields, know codes, know forms, know how idoc works, know how smartforms works, know usage of se38, know se11, know how enhancement works, know how BAPI works, know translation of language, know how to test idoc, know idoc segments, how to check messages, etc.