Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Bulk Message Handling

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I need to send around 200,000 records as one message from R3 side to 3rd party through PI. I am using proxy to FTP scenario and use SOAP adapter type, XI 3.0 message protocol (use AAE) for proxy. Since the message size is too big, I got an error when I send out "HTTP response contains status code 400 with the description Bad Request". Can anybody tell me how to handle this situation? I see Soap adapter has an option "XI Bulk Message Handling - split XI Bulk Messages". Can anybody tell me if this can solve my problem? And how to use it?

Thanks a lot!

Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the size of the message(2 lac records), why dont you split the records and process 2k records as a one message, definetly processing 2 lacs records in one shot big risky, java stack definetly gives trouble.

if you are converting records in to flat file in receiver side then use append mode with spliting mechanis in sender side.

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yeah, I know that is not a good idea. Do you know how to use "XI Bulk Message Handling - split XI Bulk Messages" in SOAP sender channel?

Thanks,

Charles

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Can anybody tell me how to handle this situation? I see Soap adapter has an option "XI Bulk Message Handling - split XI Bulk >Messages". Can anybody tell me if this can solve my problem? And how to use it?

You might want to use Message Packaging. This might be helpful for perfromance improvement and throughput will be considerably increased.

Have you seen this [link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10b54994-f569-2a10-ad8f-cf5c68a9447c?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true] ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

do you see this error in SXI_MONITOR ?

if yes, have you a more detailed error in attachment (under payload) ? sometime it's the case...

Else have you see this wiki ? [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28JSTTSG%29%28Web%29Problems-P163] because I'm the feeling that could solve your issue...

regards.

Mickael

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

Thanks for the reply. You exactly pointed the issue. It is "request too big". I was trying to use SMICM to change the icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB. but it is grayed out. It won't let me change it. Do I need special access to be able to change it?

Thanks a lot!

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

you can change it by using Tcode RZ10. See this thread: [;

regards

Mickael