cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EHPI to install Support Package Stack 09

jamal_asi
Participant
0 Kudos

I have used the EHPI tool to install Support Package Stack 09 on a test system which is a copy of the production system. During the installation in road map step EXTRACTION, EHPI comes back with a number of missing notes that must be installed before it goes to the next road map step. After downloading all the notes requested, some of the notes are classified as "Cannot be implemented" or "obsolete", but the EHPI will not go to the next step if they are not downloaded. For a single stand alone system, this is not a problem because the notes are downloaded with snote. For a landscape with 3 systems: DEV, QAS and PRD, this is a problem. For DEV, it will be fine because all the notes will be downloaded with snote. For QAS and PRD, notes that were implemented in DEV produced change requests and these can be transported to QAS and PRD. For notes that are of the type "cannot be implemented" or "obsolete", there were no change requests produced in DEV. When EHPI is started in QAS and PRD, it will ask for all the notes, and it will not go to the next road map step if these notes are not downloaded.

Did anybody have issue? how did you solve it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you are depending on Transport please do it manually in snote for QAS and PRD as well..

i know it's complaince issue but get the approval from the customer and do it inorder to complete the upgrade.

or else please get in touch with SAP for the advise, please dont use any back door procedures. it's not recommonded.

-Srini

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jamal,

I have faced the similar issues, I have used the Snote in all 3 dev, Qa and prd. I didnt found any harm in it.

And my systems are running fine now and production is live...

So you can go with it.

And if there is any issue wit connection to SAP OSS from production or quality system then you can download notes from SAP download manager and upload it manually.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Barnawal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can transport to QAS and PRD for the note that can be implemented. And for notes that cannot be implemented, you can simply download it from snote transaction and move ahead. There is no harm in downloading these notes in snote transaction.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jamal,

I had faced the same problem and had to comment out (adding #) note which are classified as "Cannot be Implemented" in file /usr/sap/PCR/EHPI/abap/bin/EHPINOTES.LST to move further in the upgrade.

I have followed the same procedure through out my landscape (Prod, Qua, Dev, Sandbox, Training, Pre-Prod) without any issues.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar