Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP mail sending problem - Ok to gmail but problem to other mails

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SCOT for outgoing email. All necessary steps are followed for the same.

I am also able to send mail from SAP to external gmail ids.

I have maintained * in SCOT --> SMTP NODE --> Supported address type --> Internet --> Set --> *.

Strangely, I am able to send email to ONLY gmail ids. I am NOT able to send mails to rediff, yahoo or internal company ids.

Mail going from SAP to gmail successfully denotes that SMTP configuration is alright and all steps are properly followed.

In SOST, Mail sent to other than gmail id has status message 718 (Recipient xyz@yahoodotcom Is Valid. Delivery Attempted).

Can someone provide some pointers ?

(I suspect problem may be with Microsoft exchange server. But am not sure and have limited idea where to check).

Thanks.

former_member691884
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI ,

please let us know how you did for Gmail ? i have done all in SCOT config but issues is not able to send mail to Gmail.

Error 612 :The message was processed correctly in the SAP system. However, a subsequent system registers that the message cannot currently be delivered to the receiver adarsh@mztechgroup.com.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the default domain to * in SCOT so that it will send the emails to all kind of email id's.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the SMTP server configured in SCOT : smtp.gmail.com or your company internal mail server (Exchange for exemple) ?

Regards,

Olivier

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check at your mail server whether mails are allowed to send other email addresses except gmail. Make sure that there is no rule configured for blocking of email to email addresses other than gmail.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your view.

If i am sending mails to rediff, yahoo and internal mai id's directly from Exchange server then mails are delivered successfully.

That means that there is no blocking as such for these ids. Only if I send from SAP to these ids via Exchange server, there is a problem.

What can i check to find root cause?

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats your default domain in SCOT?...

Have you added your SAP system IP Address to the Relay Agent of your SMTP Server?...

Regards

Juan