SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reverse Full Removal doen by EG32

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have an installation which has a device valid from 25.05.2011 to valid to 31.12.9999. Now to replace the the device on 20.07.2011 with another one device I am supposed to go for Full Removal of Old device by EG32 and then Full Installation of New device by EG31.

Now after doing EG32 I have found that the day of replacement has been given wrong. Now the situation is like the old device is valid from 25.05.2011 to 18.07.2011 which is supposed to be 19.07.2011 because I have given the key date as 19.07.2011 instead of 20.07.2011.

Now I tried to go for Technical Installtion and Billing related Installtion of the Old device on 19.07.2011 but it generates a time slice in the installtion which I dont want.

What I want to do is to reverse the Full Removal which I have done using EG32 so that the old device becomes valid from 25.05.2011 to 31.12.9999 without any time slice and again I can go for Full Removal on 20.07.2011.

Pleas help me out.

- Arghya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do reverse full installation again and start again same process

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do reverse full installation again and start again same process

0 Kudos

reverse full installation...but how?? i need to know the tcode for that. Can you please mention it?

- Arghya

0 Kudos

Hi,

Now you have done a Full Removal of Device on 19.07.2011. So the Device end date will be 18.07.2011.

First you perform a Reverse Technical Removal (Transaction EG53) on 19.07.2011.

Second you perform a Billing Related Installation (Transaction EG34) on 19.07.2011.

After both the above steps, you will see only a single entry in the EASTS table for the Installation number.

Hope this helps to you

Thanks

Rishi

0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I followed the steps you mentioned. And you know it worked. Thank you so much.

- Arghya

0 Kudos

HI Rishi,

could you tell me one thing it's possible to use the t-code of EG35,EG51

Thank You

SumanDas

0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Yes. To reverse the installation of the new meter, done using EG31, we can go for Billing related removal-EG35 followed by Technical Installation Reversal-EG51. This will simply remove the new meter without any time slice.

And to extend the to-date of the old meter upto 31.12.9999, we have to perform technical removal reversal-EG53 followed by Billing related installation-EG34 with the same Register and Device Data already present for the old device. Change of any of the attributes during Billing related Installation will lead to a time-slice.

Thanks,

Arghya

0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

Instead of going for full removal of old device and doing full installation with the new device, is it not possible to go for Full Replacement with a new device (Tcode Eg30) ? Assuming it is a like to like replacement....

Thanks,

kanth

0 Kudos

Hi Kanth,

Yes, you can. But...

Full Replacement (EG30) are basically done when utility prefers to replace device(s)/device info(s) of same Device Categories. Otherwise it becomes a pain for the end users to add up extra rate type(s), reading(s) while replacement. Moreover, it is not advisable to replace meters of different device categories using EG30. And most of the cases I have noticed utilty replaces old basic meters with new interval/smart meters which are of different device categories with extra registers added for more precise reading capturing capabilities for complex billing.

There are still certain points to keep in mind regarding Meter Replacement(EG30) :

1. Logical Device & Register numbers of Old and New devices remain same (unless we are adding few extra registers, found in new device).

2. Instead of MR reason 22 & 21, we get 25 & 24.

3. In place of EG53 & EG51, we can perform EG50 only to reverse the Full Replacement.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Arghya