cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprocess/Update Unexpected Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using EM to capture our transportation events, which are received via EDI feeds from various carriers. It is very common for the carriers to send us updates to a single event. Since these are configured as unexpected events (they have to be since we have no way of knowing if/when they will occur) we end up with multiple reported unexpected events when in reality there is only one event that actually occurred. I understand that there are various ways to handle this with expected events but I'm wondering how this can be handled for unexpected events. We want that event to be updated or reprocessed with the data from the latest version of the event message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

with unexpected events i see no viable possibility to do this. They are designed in the way to be not changeable.

You could try to create Expected events without date/time/loaction etc. and use them. In this case new messages would update them. Of course you would need at least a set of known event codes that can occur during your process.

There is also an activity available wit that you can change/add/delete expected event EVM_EE_UPDATE if you maybe have more information while the process is running and then update the expected events inside your EH.

Best regards,

Steffen