cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different COGS GL accounts based on Customer Account Assignment Group at GI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP export,

The F&A department requests to generate different COGS GL account based on Customer Account Assignment Group when goods issue (or billing). Customer Account Assignment Group field name is KNVV-KTGRD. The solution is NOT possible at T-CODE OBYC (with GBB transaction (MM FI configuration for goods issue) because we are using the same materials. (All materials are with same valuation class in MATERIAL master). Therefore, I am searching the solution from pricing procedure in SD.

Is that possible to configure at the condition type VPRS in order to generate different COGS account based on the value of KNVV-KTGRD when goods issue or billing?

If the above is NOT possible, please advice a workable solution.

Great thanks in the advance!

Kind Regards,

Sylvia Chen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By standard it is not possible. May be you need to post this question in FI forum at http://forums.sdn.sap.com/forum.jspa?forumID=141 You can also check OSS Note 62536 - Info: Conditions in Profitability Analysis for any help.

If you want to change the revenue G/L account posting during billing releasing to accounting, then you can change the G/L accounts in t.code VKOA.

Regards,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help my question?

Please help, thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sylvia Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvia Chen

Did you find any solution for this requirement?

I am also having this requirement for my client. If you found any solution please share with me.

Thanks in Advance,

Jammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello G. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your response!

I think you might misunderstanding the requirements.

The requirement is to have different COGS (cost of goods sold) GL accounts when company delivery to different customer account assignment groups. For example, the Domestic customer, Intercompany customer, Testing - Core, Testing sample and export customers. F&A needs to know the different COGS GL account based on different customer account assignment group when goods issue (ship to different customer group).

It is NOT just material cost, but it is related to the COGS GL account for different customers when goods issue (shipping).

It is a valid requirement from business!

Hope the above is clear to you.

Can you help further?

Kind Regards,

Sylvia Chen

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I dont find any logic in this requirement. Not sure why you were trying to corelate the account assignment group of customer with material cost. To the best of my knowledge, no industry (client) will have such a requirement.

Material cost is purely relates to manufacturing plant and if at all any overheads to be added to the cost, the same can be done in different ways like having a separate condition type, periodical costing run to the material etc.,

Even if you refer to SAP, I am sure, they will regret to propose any suitable suggestion.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP exports,

Can anyone help my question?

If it can not resolve from SAP standard, can it be possible to resolve from user exist?

Please help.

Great thanks!

Kind Regards,

Sylvia Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. But, one thing needs to be sure before I post the question to the FI forum.

Do you mean that it is NOT possible to solve this issue by pricing procedure in SD?

Is there any solution with account key in the pricing procedure in SD?

Please share your thoughts, thank you.

Regards,

Sylvia Chen